Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my charge2 for a week and it won’t track the deep sleep rem and the stages it to track when I’m sleeping.   What do I do to fix it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Tdog2010 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Thank you for clarifying the issue by responding @JohnnyRow's question. Remember that you might not get sleep stages due to the following reasons:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

You can also try restarting your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
448 REPLIES 448

Is it not tracking your sleep at all, or just not breaking it into stages?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

It tracks the sleep but won’t track the stages of sleep like the guide says it dose. 

Best Answer

@Tdog2010 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Thank you for clarifying the issue by responding @JohnnyRow's question. Remember that you might not get sleep stages due to the following reasons:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

You can also try restarting your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Mine has just stopped recording sleep stages, as it did in September when there was a problem with the software. Anyone else noticing this problem?

Best Answer

I’ve had it 2 nights in a row as well. 

Best Answer

yes mines been the same since the clocks changed 

Best Answer

Yes! I just received mine a week ago - it tracked three nights worth of sleep and then nothing from last night. I've checked that everything is up to date (app, firmware, etc.). I slept for more than 3 hours and know that the tracker was tracking my heart rate due to the heart rate graph showing no missing data overnight. Is there a solution to this problem? This was the one feature I was most interested in and I'd love for it to work properly. 

Best Answer

Mine has not shown sleep stages for around 4 or 5 nights now.  I don't think I am doing anything differently to obstruct the Fitbit at night.  Sure would like for it to show the sleep stages - it has become important to me to know how much deep sleep I get as well as REM Sleep and awake times.  Hope there will be a fix on this soon!

Best Answer

Mine is not tracking sleep stages for 2 weeks after working almost flawlessly for several months. 😞

Best Answer

I am having, together with my wife, the same problem (no sleep stages tracked during the last few days).

I have followed your instructions but unfortunately the sleep stages are still not tracked.

Could you please advise how to proceed?

Thank you

Best Answer

Tried that still not tracking R.E.M. deep sleep etc !

Best Answer

IMG_0293.PNG

its TD never split up sleep patterns properly on the iPad. Works fine on the girls phone. Every update it will work of the first read then stops. You can see the 5h33m tracked and the rest did not. 

Best Answer

398FF9AB-4E8A-4109-B56B-2C9E3F9EE28A.png

So confused why won’t it track the sleep correctly 

Best Answer

The past 2 nights it hasn’t recorded properly.  When I follow the instructions about putting it on the charger, and pressing the button for 10-12 seconds, the fitbit logo comes up with the number 225502. Is this the proper version?  I’m a little irritated as my sleep these past few weeks has been poor; I haven’t changed the position of my fitbit, either, on my wrist.

Also, I took a screenshot of my app but I can’t figure out how to upload it.

Best Answer

Got in touch with Fitbit and it is working properly this morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep tracker stopped working.

@JohnnyRow wrote:

Is it not tracking your sleep at all, or just not breaking it into stages?

Best Answer

I reset my charger but it still is not tracking sleep

Best Answer

I got in touch with Fitbit and it was sorted out. Think it took three resets.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought two Fitbit Charge 2 and one tracks sleep and the other doesn't.  I've done everything that AlvaroFitbit suggests and nothing works.  I think I'm just going to return this - there are cheaper alternatives - in fact, I bought my daughter a tracker for $10 and it works better than my fitbit.  Also, it seems like this is a big problem reading all the complaints. 

Best Answer