Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 notifications on/off continuously

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my fitbit started doing things on it's own. It started turning notifications on and off again. Like every 30 seconds going back and forth. And last night it started a meditation. 

Is there an update that I missed. What's going on? This is using up battery in a huge way. And, super duper annoying because it vibrates every single time. Any wisdom?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
127 REPLIES 127
Glad u were able to return it!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' great today! 

This inconvenience is indeed, very odd. For those of you who haven't, I'd like you to tell me if you already tried the instructions that my friend @MarreFitbit posted above and let me know if they work: 

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (Android 2.74. iOS 2.53)
  • Restart your Charge 2
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon >  your device image.
  • Tap Notifications.
  • Turn off all notifications
  • Restart your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on
  • Sync your Charge 2

Let me know how it goes 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
I am on vacation now...I tried before I left with no luck but will try again when I get back

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried it all a couple times but I’ll give it another try!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, @Tbooth411 and @Sandy55! I wanna thank you for taking the time to do the tips suggested. I will appreciate the updates. 😉 

Have a nice day! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

is there some sort of customer help we can contact for this? I can't get this to work.

I want to see clear unambiguous instructions for each suggestion.

For example, how do I exactly make sure my fitbit app is up to date? How do I do the update step by step? me too, did u ever fix it? Ok so the problem is unfixable essentially? Is that right?
Can anyone that used the suggested solution post and had the solution work say what fixed it and what they tried? Even if you don't remember just post if something worked to see if anything at all fixes the issue.

What are the possible causes for this? It's unacceptable that this issue is known and charge 2 wasn't discontinued or people offered to swap their old charge 2 for anything different that actually worked.

I want a fix right now..

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up and bought versa

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 2 is also having the same issues.  Just goes from notifications on/off.  Tried what was suggested and nothing.  All support gave me was a discount on a new Fitbit.  This sounds like something that happens to many peoples Fitbit.  Think they should give people back the money we paid for them.  

Edit: Followed the instructions and nothing.  Sounds like this is a problem with the Fitbit.  Looks like many people are having the same issue.  I think the company would give back money to the customers that have purchased the product.  I have had mine for only a year and 5 months.  Contacted support and all they are willing to do if I’ve me a 25% discount on a new Fitbit.  Not sure why I would want to buy a new one when I’m not sure I would have the same issue again.  They need to stand behind the product and issue refunds to paying customers. 

Best Answer

Has any resolution been found for this issue? As of last night, my notification on/off started, drained the battery quickly. After charging it, it went back to doing it, and now also randomly starts/stops the timer, goes through all the menu items repeatedly, starts/stops meditation, etc. I have done all of the items listed in this thread of updating app, logging out, killing app, turning blue tooth off, then on, restarting phone, restarting fitbit, etc. and nothing is fixing this. This thing is just 1 1/2yrs old!

Best Answer

Hello guys! I'm here to help. I'd to give a warm welcome to our Community to @brando90 @freekeewinkie. I'm glad to see @Jenaifinn and @Sandy55 participating again in our forums, welcome back! My apologies for the delay in responding. 

@brando90 First, I'd like to know if you already tried the troubleshooting steps that were previously provided on this specific post? If not, please take in consideration those steps and let me know how it goes. Please note that our Charge 2 device was discontinued to maintain our product line focused, however, we're still providing assistance to this device. 

@Sandy55 I'm glad to know that you're now a Versa user. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you have any additional questions regarding your new device or anything related to Fitbit. 

@Jenaifinn Thanks for the feedback provided in regards our Charge 2 device and the assistance that our Cusomer Support gave to you. If you have any additional questions regarding their resolution, I recommend you to get in touch with them again for more information and details. Also, for any inquiry related to our limited purchase warranty please check our policies here. Your understanding and patience are appreciated.

@freekeewinkie I'd like to begin appreciating your time troubleshooting this situation prior contacting us, seems odd that your Charge 2 is behaving in such way. I'd like to let you know that our Support team was contacted on your behalf to receive further assistance directly with them. I recommend you to keep an eye to your email for their contact, they'll be in touch with you soon. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist you with.

I'll be here if you need anything else. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this same problem and none of the suggestions are working. First my charge 2 stopped reading my heart rate. Then one of the sensors stopped lighting up. Tried cleaning them then fully charging and got the heart rate to register but still one sensor isn't lit.

Then today the screen started shuffling through various menus as well as the notifications on/off. Now just the rotating through the notifications on/off continuously. The only way to make it stop was to connect the charger and force the device off but once I turn it back on it starts again.

Best Answer
Your customer assistant wasn’t able to help at all other then to give a
**ahem**ty 25% off a new Fitbit. That’s lousy customer service. There should
be a refund of the purchase as the company new that this is happing all the
time with the Fitbit 2. Fitbit should stand behind their products. If
something fails on a car that is due to manufacturing you get your car
repaired for free. Not the case with Fitbit.
Best Answer

Something very similar happened to me today and I have tried all of the above and nothing has worked.  Now, after resetting/charging all it shows is the battery percentage screen and clicking the button does nothing at all.  It is permanently stuck there.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar problem with my Fitbit. 

It is turning the notifications on and off constantly. 

Or the BPM is on the screen continually but shaking. 

I have done the things you suggest but it hasn’t helped. 

If I leave it overnight it runs the battery dead. Then I charge it and the same happens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have since upgraded to a versa. how do I stop getting emails for each and every reply on this discussion?

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Stop replies to this post
Best Answer
0 Votes

Follow up to my issue: Nothing fixed. Did receive an email from support, pretty much telling me what I already knew, this thing is dead and only offering me a measly 25% discount on a new tracker. I think my time w/ Fitbit products is over. Why would I want to invest more money in a company and on a product that you know has issues and will fail? This has been my 3rd tracker that has not made it past the 1 1/2yr mark without something going wrong and Fitbit not willing to stand behind their own product and ensure customer satisfaction. Considering how much these things cost, I would expect them to last longer than 18 months! really disappointing as I do like the look, ease of use and their app, but I work too darn hard for my money to just throw it at a sub par product and a money hungry company that obviously knows their product is crap.My $15 generic tracker I bought before going to Fitbit years ago is still going strong (just has a crappy app), but I may have to make do because at least that thing works!

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

You can go to the settings wheel for this post and choose unsubscribe. That's what I'm doing as I am also replacing with something else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all those suggestions and it still isn’t working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again, I'm here to continue providing assistance, my apologies for the delayed reply. Welcome aboard @Allikatt10 @Annie6a @memah02. It's nice too see you around participating in our Forums again @Jenaifinn @Lo8i @SunsetRunner, also, thank for your reply and update @freekeewinkie.

@Allikatt10 I'd like to appreciate your patience troubleshooting this matter prior posting. For me to provide you with better assistance, can you please give me more details about your heart rate sensors difficulties? If you haven't already done so, please check:  Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Seems odd that your device is behaving in such way, did you already tried the troubleshooting steps that were provided in this post? Same for you @Annie6a, please let me know if such steps resolve your concern. Also, regarding your display flickering situation, please restart your device. 

@memah02 @SunsetRunner 

if you don't want to keep getting emails about this thread, please unsubscribe by going to the upper right corner of the thread, clicking on the gear icon and choosing the option "Unsubscribe". Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

@Jenaifinn @freekeewinkie Thanks for your comments and sharing your experience with our Support team, the feedback that was submitted is appreciated. I recommend you to contact our Customer Support team again if you have any additional questions about the resolution that was provided, they'll further assist both of you with more information and details. Also, for any inquiry related to our warranty policies, please check them here. Let me know if I can do anything else for you guys.

@Lo8i Seems odd that after a restart your device is not responding anymore. I'd like to let you know that I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to receive further assistance directly with them. Please keep an eye to your email inbox for their contact, they'll be in touch with you soon. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes