Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 notifications on/off continuously

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my fitbit started doing things on it's own. It started turning notifications on and off again. Like every 30 seconds going back and forth. And last night it started a meditation. 

Is there an update that I missed. What's going on? This is using up battery in a huge way. And, super duper annoying because it vibrates every single time. Any wisdom?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
127 REPLIES 127

I had tried draining the battery when I had the problem but it didn't work for me on recharge. However, it has got to be worth trying for those still with the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve never found a solution.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

They ended up telling me it was a known issue and sent out a used, refurbished until (minus any straps) as a replacement. That works, but annoyingly has a battery life of just 4-5 days.

The original never did 'fix' itself, no matter how long I wait between occasional tries.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah they never offered that, just 20% off coupon.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got the same issue. Trying to do what you suggested but it doesn't seem to work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and bought another on eBay

Graham 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this issue ever resolved?  My watch started doing the same thing but I can not find a fix.  I have tried every update/reset that I can find.  Still no luck.  I was afraid I had done something wrong; but since so many are having the same issue at about the 1.5 yrs mark; then it sounds like an issue with the watch.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, unfortunately no fix discovered for this issue. I gave up and purchased
another smartwatch. And it's not fitbit this time...
Regards
Artur
Best Answer
0 Votes

As I mentioned in a previous post, I let my battery fully drain for about 3 months and then charged it. It started to work. Your mileage may vary.

Why did it work, I cannot say.  I always thought that this was a firmware issue instead of a hardware issue. By why Fitbit working again, I think that proves it. Did the battery going completely dead do some of hard reset, who knows?

Prior to tossing it in the garbage, throw it in a drawer, when you happen upon months and months later, give it a charge and see if it works. 

if you are lucky like me, it will. Mine has been working again since mid December. 

BTW, my wife want to get our son an activity tracker and said she was thinking about a Fitbit and I said they would never get another dime out of our family due to their poor customer service!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was did all suggestions. Still no luck

Sine one month my devise is not usefull also don't know it will come back
and work.
Best Answer

Leave it for a few more months and try again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Sara. There is no resolution unless a long battery drain does the trick.
As your device is 1.5 yrs try Fitbit Customer support as you are within the
2 yr. guarantee. They will hopefully offer a replacement as they did with
mine or an offer on an upgrade. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well i bought my replacement on the bay and so far so good. The old  is in the drawer and i will try it in a few months, if this thread remains open i'll post feedback, unless the d*mnned virus gets me! Stay safe out there 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The best answer was the worst every fitbit I own will not last more than a year and has been the worst company for product and technical support 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree. Got no support as well. I will never buy their product again...
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 started doing the same. Tried all suggestions on the thread and seems like many faced, there is no resolution. I was thinking of upgrading to charge 4 but with these kind of issues, feel it’s a good time to move to some other device like Garmin. I loved Fitbit app but seem like time to move on. Bye bye Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too. I agree with your Garmin approach.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This just started happening to me. Figured it was a moisture/humidity induced short on the mode switch button. I followed the directions for turning my charge 2 off and on again and was surprised to discover that it is working okay again. At least for now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed all the steps and tried multiple times, it did not fix the issue. Very disappointing. 

i feel like I’m just going to have to purchase a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I decided to go back to a regular watch, and am ordering a regular watch that does not need batteries.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
Best Answer
0 Votes