Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 notifications on/off continuously

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, my fitbit started doing things on it's own. It started turning notifications on and off again. Like every 30 seconds going back and forth. And last night it started a meditation. 

Is there an update that I missed. What's going on? This is using up battery in a huge way. And, super duper annoying because it vibrates every single time. Any wisdom?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
127 REPLIES 127
Well I certainly wouldn’t buy another one if I were you.

Customer service is too poor.
Best Answer

None of the recommend things you listed works. I even left my battery to die an didn't charge it for months. An the flashing notification on off has not been resolved.

I'm pretty sure the last update for the Fitbit charge 2 has caused a serious malfunction in the Fitbit from working as in tended.

I've also tried making sure my button wasn't stuck. But, it appears to be a coding issue. 

There really should be a recall for the charge 2 or give people refunds for a faulty product . 

Best Answer
I agree. Fitbit should have done something as their firmware update was the cause.

Sent from Mail for Windows
Best Answer

I am also affected by this.  I have tried the instructions for the fix, and it is not working for me either.  This is a second charge, and I have not had it long enough to consider buying another fitbit at 25% off.  Between this issue and the still unresolved issue of not being able to have two trackers on the same account, I'm about done with fitbit.

This issue is affecting me as well.  I have tried the fix instructions, and they did not help.  This is my second Charge and I have definitely not had it long enough to consider buying a new one, even at 25% off.  Between this and the still unresolved issue of not being able to have two trackers on the same account, this will be the end of my relationship with fitbit.

Best Answer

I’ve tried the recommended fixes four times now and nothing.   Same problem…first no heart rate.  Then repeatedly cycling between notifications on and off.  This problem dates back no for four years.   So, it’s obviously some flaw in the coding that is causing this, but FitBit doesn’t seem to want to solve the issue.   Going to let the battery run out over night and then go buy an Apple Watch when I get home from vacation.  This Charge 2 is my second Fitbit, and it will be my last.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, it doesn't work. Tried twice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

4th attempt at making a reply to this statement... 

Anyways I think we are getting phased out on the charge 2 and they are making us have to invest in some money we don't have for a newer model since they are sadly phasing out the 3G network for all but the first responders and airplanes .. because my fitbit all of a sudden is losing its charge and it even died on me last night .. which it has NEVER DONE.. and had to switch to chrome to even make this statement here today.. I miss how nice fitbit was before this Google take over.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

@Sunrise3ts Nice to see you in the forums again. Thanks for your feedback and comments. Are you also experiencing issues with the notifications? What have you tried so far? Regarding the battery, I have replied to your comment in your other thread. 

@Lou-4895 Welcome to the forums. What exactly is your situation? Is your Charge 2 doing things on its own like the original poster? If so, the button might be either stuck or not working properly. What have you tried so far? Or is it not receiving notifications showing you that the notification service is not running? Please let me know so I can give you proper steps. Thanks in advance!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes