Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 often fails to detect sleep - used to be better

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 2 for almost two years. It's been pretty good about tracking my sleep, until the last few weeks or so. Lately, it often fails to detect that I've been asleep. Other numbers get updated every time I synchronize, such as step counts, but at least half the time, it doesn't detect sleep. I've been wearing the same band for over a year and I've been sleeping in the same bed all this time. I can't think of any changes on my part.

I did a device reset, but there's been no improvement in sleep detection. I recharge the battery every time I get a low battery warning, so it's not a battery issue. The sleep sensitivity setting is at normal. I could change it to Sensitive, but that would make it even less likely to detect sleep, right?

I can add to the sleep log manually, but that defeats the purpose of wearing a sleep tracker (my main reason for having it).

In short, everything appears to be operating normally on my Charge 2 except sleep detection, which has gotten a lot worse in recent weeks.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello. I’d try putting it on sensitive, cleaning the back of the tracker and making sure it’s tight enough at night. I’ve had mine three years now and it works fine. I’d get a new Fitbit this year for Xmas but I hate the way they’re eroding helps and updates for loyal customers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The back of the tracker didn't look bad, but I went over it with an alcohol wipe anyway. I set the sleep detection to Sensitive. It's only been a couple of nights, but sleep detection still seems to be hit-or-miss instead of its formerly consistent self.

The band is already as tight as I'm willing to make it, which is the tightness I've been using all along.

Best Answer