Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 only holding charge for 1 day

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit 2 will not be a year old till the end of December 2017 it use to be good on a full charge for 5 days now it last one day goes completly dead over night  !  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MyMuse Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear about your Charge 2 not holding its charge and for the delay in my reply. Did you try the suggestions in this thread? Is your tracker still draining quickly? Do you still need help with this?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

mine to 

Best Answer

@Preciousp13 @Ladyminx I hope you're doing well! This is definitely not normal, please clean the contacts on your tracker with a toothpick or toothbrush then use cotton with rubbing alcohol. After this restart it by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Finally charge it for a couple of hours and monitor its battery life.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Hi cleaned contacts recharge so far so good
--
*L H Holmes*
Best Answer

@Ladyminx Thanks for stopping by! Happy to hear that your tracker is working fine now. Always make sure that you fully charge it to avoid these type of issues. Keep up all those steps! Robot LOL

I'll be around!

Best Answer

my tracker is always charged up but does not always go for 5 days before it
needs recharging
*L H Holmes*

Best Answer
0 Votes

my tracker is always charged up but does not always go for 5 days before it
needs recharging
*L H Holmes*

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an old post, but mine is doing the same thing! 

I will try the solution. 

Best Answer

@MyMuse Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear about your Charge 2 not holding its charge and for the delay in my reply. Did you try the suggestions in this thread? Is your tracker still draining quickly? Do you still need help with this?

I look forward to your reply!

Best Answer

I have tried all the suggestions in this thread my Fitbit versa is still only holding a charge for one day

Best Answer

Still won’t hold a charge.. only for the Day. I cleaned it. It charges but won’t hold the charge.. has it seen it’s life. ?? I have had it for several years . I was wondering if it was the charger, but since it charges I figure it’s the Fitbit ??

Best Answer

Same issue.  One day.  I am going to try cleaning it to see what happens

Best Answer

@mama2ja It's nice to have you on board!

Let me help you with this. Besides cleaning the contacts you can follow these instructions to help improve the battery life.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes