Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 replacement battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ok my Charge 2 has died i have tried everything under the sun  clean it change chargers restart nothing so pissed bought after Christmas so is the battery screwed and can i get replacement

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

The battery on my Fitbit Charge 2 died recently  I contacted Fitbit and they offered a 25% discount coupon for a new watch  So, you have three a!alternatives to choose from if you want to repair your watch.  You can replace the battery yourself; have someone else do the work or apply the discount and get a brand new watch.  The battery cost is around $20. Third party repair services cost $55 or more.  If you have the soldering tools, you  can save significantly by doing the repair work yourself.   if not, weigh the difference of getting a totally new watch vs a watch that shows wear and has older parts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery doesn't even last for a whole day, all this started when one day I forgot to charge it and it went off and then ever since the battery has been dying really fast

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't bother with watching the video for battery replacement. I did it and it was a complete waste of time and battery money. That watch turns on after I replaced the battery and does everything normally excep there is no display. Two of my friends got the same result. We re-opened it to make sur the screen ribbon is inserted properly and the result is the same. A blank screen. Even after charging the watch again for half a day. Once the screen is disconnected something else has to be done to revive it and obviously, they dont show it in the video. I can wear the watch and use the phone to check what is going on but who wants to do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much for your post.
MS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's possible that the display cable or connector got damaged during the removal.  I just disassembled mine and put it back together.  The screen still works.

I'm waiting for a replacement battery (paid $13) to arrive to do the swap.  I'll report back and try to show some pictures.

UPDATE: The replacement battery arrived.  I soldered it to my Charge 2.  When I reconnected the display cable, the display came up, but had some garbled glitching and the text/graphics were mirrored.  It kept glitching a few times and then the normal text/graphics showed up normally.  Everything is working properly now with the replacement battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes