Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2's battery is not lasting and one green light is missing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

One of the green LED heart rate sensors is out and the other sensor is continuously glowing. I charged it for 8 hours and the battery only lasted for 5 hours today. I’ve tried turning on and off the heart rate sensors and syncing with nothing happening. This is also the second replacement and I’ve only had it for 5 months. 

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there @Andrew12, it's nice to see you around! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you have with your Charge 2. Don't lose the hope my friend, let's see what's going on!

Because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary. Consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

• Turn off All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app because it increases battery drain on both your tracker and phone:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.
  • Turn off Quick View in the Fitbit app. Since this feature causes the screen to light up when you turn your wrist towards you, turning it off can prolong battery life:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon  > your device image.
    2. Find the option to turn off Quick View.
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. When you turn it back on, use Auto. 
  • Turn off notifications from your phone if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life. 
  • On Charge 2, use guided breathing sessions less frequently. Multiple sessions per day may reduce battery life. For more information see What should I know about the Relax feature? Also consider turning off bedtime reminders.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Don't charge your tracker in extreme heat or cold. For best practices, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?

If one green light is still missing on the back of your tracker, I'd recommend restarting it by following these steps

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have restarted it and the green light is still on and the other light still isn’t working. I tried syncing it again to turn the sensor to off and still no luck. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to me and trying my suggestions @Andrew12Man Very Happy Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Smiley Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have a fitbit charge 2 where the battery is not lasting very long and only one of the green lights is working. I have tried to plug in and reset, also tried turning the HR monitor off, syncing and then back on and syncing again. Nothing is working. Could you help please.

Thanks

Jamie

Best Answer