Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen flashing after not being used for two weeks.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Got my new Series 2 black stainless Apple Watch a few weeks ago and put my CH2 that I have been using in the drawer.

Today I get it out and of course the battery is dead as there is no way to turn it off. When I put it on the charger the entire screen, all pixels flash on and off with a quick weak vibrate at the same time. Even holding the button down while on the charger does nothing to get it to stop.

This is my 4th defective Fitbit device and I tired of dealing with support. They take forever to reply and when they do you get some canned message that has nothing to do with what you asked.

Looks like the Apple Watch will continue to get the wrist and the CH2 hit the garbage.
Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

I had the same thing happen to me. Haven't used it in a month or so. I only bought it in January or February. Plugged it in pixelated screen blinked 6 times. Repeatatively did what the instructions said on here for troubleshoot except I didn't used a computer just the wall charger, and after about 7 times my screen popped up like normal. I dont like the fact that it does it, but it's working for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, and worse is this is an on going issue that has yet to be resolved even though the device has been available for quite a while and it was a day 1 problem that you know they had to be aware of yet shipped the device anyway. Sadly, I dont think it will get fixed. Probably going to get a Garmin next time and see how it compares. Something like this should be simple and easy to use and so far a lot of glitchy-ness and general inaccuracy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did this exact thing tonight.  My band broke so it aat for a couple weeks until I got around to ordering a new one.  I just kept putting it on the charger, let it blink/vibrate, took it off the charger, held down the power button for 4 seconds and then repeated the process.  It took at least 4 or 5 times of doing this before the battery icon came on.  It is currently charging.  I hope you didn't throw yours out.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh I didn't. It's all working now. The issue is that it even does this sorta thing. And then again that it's well know and not being addressed at a larger level from Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the exact same thing happen. After reading about solutions and doing everything else I could think of, I was about to give up. Then I gave it one last try and lo and behold, it turns out that I didn't have the pins aligned correctly.  They SEEMED to be aligned, but in actuality they were not.  Eventually I figured this out --- the flashing pixels went away and the unit started charging. What a relief.  Good luck.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much. That worked. I pressed it while charging, unplugged and it worked. Funny to see that customer services have no idea 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay!!! Reset worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, this worked fine.  I worried when I saw the screen flashing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for these steps to revive my fitbit. I thought it was gone for sure, but after following the instructions, it works. Thank you so much!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works! Left my fitbit without charged for 5 months and the screen started flashing when I tried to charge it. I unplug and replug the cable 4 times in a row then the Fitbit logo appeared followed by the battery icon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Plug it in and unplug it several times and restart it several times. I don't know why but it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Years later and still no Fitbit help. how is it even now this thread is the only way people can find a solution. Did Fitbit bother doing the little bit of work required to make a specific help doc for a well documented problem/solution? Not even close. This isn’t unusual for their other products either. as I’ve learned w the Versa 2 Notifications bugs users have been reporting since last oct. you’re pretty much left to figure it out. I should have learned the Last time. Not gonna buy Fitbit again and  you can be sure if anyone ask for a recommendation, my Fitbit support experience will be the first thing I’ll tell them about.

Best Answer
0 Votes