Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588

I just noticed the same thing with my Charge 2 as well. I have no clue how my screen got a crack down the middle. I have not had an impact or anything. Just appeared a couple of days ago. I have had my Fitbit since 9/27/16. I bought it for myself as a gift for becoming a teacher. Not sure what to do with mine now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nancy,

You can keep using it, but just don't let it get wet!

You've done well to keep your tracker going so long. The battery in my original one (which first developed a crack) died after about two years.

The replacement that I received under guarantee for the cracked one has also now developed an almost identical crack. Clearly a fundamental defect, whatever Fitbit may claim.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response. I am clearly disappointed in my Fitbit because
I have been so careful with it. Like I said, I bought this as a gift for
becoming a teacher and now to have this crack in the screen. I am not sure
what to do at this point. I will keep wearing it I suppose, but I had hoped
to find some sort of repair online somewhere.

Take care,

Nancy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I ran mine for a year with the crack.  Didn't seem to make any difference.  I've just upgraded to a Charge 3  which I bought (new) on Ebay for $49.  (No strap or charger, which set me back another $12 on Amazon).  Charge 3 is nice.  Gorilla glass instead of plastic.  SPO2 sensor should be working soon as Fitbit just got FDA approval as a medical device.  I'm a happy camper.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@NancyPenny — If yours lasted since 2016 consider yourself lucky. Just buy a screen protector and stick it on and go on using it. The cracks don’t stop it working — just don’t get it wet! Mine is cracked down two sides but not all the way thru — been working a year or more since it spontaneously cracked. When it finally dies move on to another product based on your needs and tech advances. Have a Happy!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my second charge 2 that the screen has cracked vertically. Both happened just around the 1 year mark. I did not bang or drop my fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The product sucks. I’ve had 2. 1st cracked on flight to Florida. It was under warranty and they sent me new one but with no warranty. That one cracked on flight to Africa. They wouldn’t cover it. They claim no problem but all over this blog. Hate a company that doesn’t own up to flaws in their products 😡

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This is my 3rd fitbit and they’ve all hhad a crack on the screen which appeared around about 10 months. Fitbit have offered me 25% off next purchase. They are not accepting there’s a fault with the screens. Wouldn’t buy another fitbit

Best Answer
The same thing has happened to me. I have had two charge 2. Just under a year, they both started to crack vertically on the edge. They replaced my first one. When the second one cracked, they offered me 25% off of a replacement. I will not waste another cent on a fitbit. I am living with the cracked screen. When it breaks completely, I will buy another brand.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. I’ve been speaking to customer services most of the evening.
There Not acknowledging that there is a problem with the screen. They just
keep offering me a 25% discount. I wouldn’t recommend them at all.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve had several models of this make. No more. Every single one from Straps to screens has had issues. I’m back to a reliable timepiece.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
You were able to talk to someone?

Regards,
Dermod
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response. I have had mine since 2016, so it lasted
almost 4 years without cracking. It is still working and I have covered the
screen with a film. I am not sure what to buy the next time since I really
like it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I talked to customer service. They offered me 25% off a new FitBit. I could buy it for less elsewhere.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes
Bought my Charge 3 on eBay for $50. No strap, no box, but brand new, from
China. Must have "fallen of the back of a truck" as they say.😏

Pretty happy with it, except it seriously overestimates my heart rate
during exercise. They've been sued in the past for underestimating so I
guess they are making sure that doesn't happen again. Would not have been
so happy if I had paid full price.

Regards,
Dermod
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes after holding on for 20 minutes. Waste of time sent photos as
requested. As it was my 2nd fitbit with the cracked screen they wouldn’t
replace it. Even though I’d only had it for only 10 months. They offered me
25% off my next fitbit.
Best Answer
Hi on my second one they replaced first one ..have had this one for 3years screen cracked about Jan both sides now cracked still working won't be having an other one looking for something different a lot money to have to keep replacing it ..obviously a on going fault you would have thought they could sort it by now .Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
We are buying no more Fitbits.

>From my iPhone
Best Answer
Despite the cracks, mine still works, but when it quits, it will become my
last FitBit.
Best Answer