Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588

Anyone knows how to buy another screen/lcd for Charge 2 ?  I have a one here with problems in the screen and battery 🙂 
Now i'm on charge 3 but i love my Charge 2 . 

Now on : Fitbit Blaze | Old Devices: Charge 2, Charge 3 ( dead )
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue with my Charge HR2.

my husband is an Electrical Engineer and his assessment is that the cracks are bing caused by the swelling of the battery inside the HR2. The crack in mine is tending outward and not inward as would be seen by an external blow.  That is why many people are seeing the cracks after charging the unit overnight.  There is not enough room inside of the HR2 for any level of battery swelling which occurs with Lithium Ion batteries over time.  

Best Answer

Thank you for this insight. Too bad Fitbit wouldn’t take responsibility. Would this also make sense for those of us who noticed crack(s) after being in an airplane or in the hot summer sun?

Best Answer
That certainly makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had no idea that batteries could swell! Thank you husband for us.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
That sounds like a really sensible idea,  mine second one has cracked but I will use it until it goes completely and then probably get something that isn't a fitbit! 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using a clear screen cover. Thankfully it is still working, but just
annoying to think about spending that kind of money only to have it crack.
I bought it as a gift to myself when I got my first job as a teacher. I
guess that is what bothers me more than anything. I do wish that companies
would stand behind their products!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had two Fitbits develop cracked screens. The first was replaced, however only offered 35% off new purchase after second broke.  Clearly there is a problem with these screens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good day. I live in South Africa and cannot get a replacement screen for my Fitbit Charge 2. In fact I have two of these watches and both of them have exactly the same cracked screen, even the same cracked pattern. From what I can see in the comments, it would seem like it is a common problem with this particular model of Fitbit. it also seems that Fitbit acknowledges this, as this particular Fitbit model seems to have been withdrawn from the market

I believe you should not be offering a discount towards purchasing  a new Fitbit watch, but allow me to obtain a new Fitbit at your cost.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Moderator edit: format and removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes