Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has lines of dead pixels

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello my Charge 2 has been showing multiple lines of dead pixels across the screen. There is at least 7 rows of pixels which do not light up. Is there anyway to fix this? The fitbit is barely a year old 😞

Thanks

20180221_142412.jpg

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Since you bought it recently  you can use the warranty and replace it hopefully!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
89 REPLIES 89

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help Contact Support.
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@exbocks Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Did you try the restart suggested by @WendyB? Did it help fix the issue? Or are you still having issues with the display?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I'm having a very similar problem. I just received my first Fitbit Charge 2 yesterday. When I returned from a casual stroll yesterday, I checked my Charge to see how many steps I recorded and noticed a solid white line going across the top of it.  I've restarted it multiple times and the line is still there. 

Best Answer

It's nice to see you around @EV_McQueenWoman Happy Let me help you with your Charge 2's screen issue. 

I have created a case and a Customer support representative will get in touch with you soon. You can check your email on these days.

Let me know how it goes. Thank you for visiting the forums! Robot LOL

Best Answer

My screen has gone completely dead at 43 days beyond the warranty and I was offered a 25% discount to buy a new device.  Frankly, not good enough.  The device is still working in every other way, so I'll likely keep it as is, or look to find a more reliable tracker.

Best Answer
Welcome to the forums @SunsetRunner! I'm sorry to hear about your Charge 2 display inconvenience. Thank you for letting us know that you have already gotten in touch with our Support team and the resolution they gave to you. 

Please note that every case needs to be checked by our Support Team and they'll provide you with the best solution, based on Fitbit's warranty. I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience. 

Regarding your case resolution, if you still have questions or doubts you can always approach  Support for extra help or clarification. I’m sure that they can help you to get back on track and assist you to take out the most of the 25% discount you were offered. 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. See you around! 
Best Answer

Even i am facing the same problem, there are multiple line with dead pixels. My device is still under warranty. Please let me know what can I do.

Thanks.

Best Answer

¡It´s nice to see new faces around @DevilsAreaRobot LOL Let me help you with your Charge 2 dead pixels inquiry.

In this case, I would recommend to restart your device. 

I also got in touch with our Support team and they told me that they are already helping you. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer

Hi, mine lost 1 line last week, 2 more over the weekend, and another 2 sometime within the last hour or so. I tried the reset yesterday after the additional lines went out with no success, and have now lost more lines. It has not been dropped, hit, or otherwise shocked, nor has it gotten wet. The band was replaced while it was under warranty for defectivness, but I have otherwise had absolutely no issues with the tracker itself. I do not believe it is under warranty anymore. What are my options?

Best Answer

5 lines through the time display numbers.5 lines through the time display numbers.

*** I did only restart once, so I will attempt the 3x restart once I get back to my charger later today.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@AKSowka Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear about your Charge 2 screen missing lines. Since you already tried the restart the next steps is letting our Support team know about the issue. They will review your tracker's information and warranty and provide options. You will get an email from them.Also please let me know the results once you have restarted your tracker again.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the "restart multiple times" fix with still no luck. I will contact support now I guess.  😞

Best Answer

Even i did as asked restarted the device multiple times resulting in loosing few more lines. And none from the support team is helping me out, please let me know how are they trying to reach me.

Thank you. 

Best Answer

@AKSowka thank you for trying again the restart. Did you receive the email from support?

Same question for you @DevilsArea. You should have received an email from Support, you will need to reply to them with the information they request continue with the process.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again, no prior issues with the device, and now in the last few hours the whole thing is functionless. It charged until full, and within minutes of being on my wrist is entirely non-functional. Convenient how that happens as soon as my warranty is confirmed to be expired and support says the only option is replacement. I depend on my Fitbit way too much, and now I know they're products don't last. I've had to replace countless bands that fall apart (which Fitbit acknowledged as defective) and now I have to replace the whole thing. I'm frustrated and disappointed. Will be researching alternative trackers, I don't want to spend the money on something that isn't dependable for long.

Best Answer

@AKSowka sorry to hear that your warranty has expired. Support follows Fitbit policies and warranty so if your device is outside this period they won't be able to replace it. Still it is up to you if you wish to use the discount code and also know that there is an extended warranty for new purchases. Hopefully you can remain within the Fitbit family.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same display.  Plus the Heart Rate is not registering.  I have reset my Charge 2 several times, no change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too, I will go for a more responsible brand this time like Samsung or Apple.

Best Answer

Please help me with the same issue.Please help me with the same issue.

Best Answer