Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen went black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fit it Charge 2 went black about a week ago. I followed directions on line and plugged it into the charger and pushed the button for about 4seconds.  It worked. The screen came back to life for about a week. I noticed before it went black a white line appeared on the left side of the screen.

Tonight the white line reappeared and then the screen went black. I tried to repeat what worked before but , no such luck. The green lights are on in the back but no graphics on the front. My phone is still synced and it is recording the steps. Is it shot or can it be fixed? 

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

@Smsgojets Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! 

I will gladly assist you with your Charge 2 screen and sorry for the late reply. Also thank you for restarting your device. Since the issue persist it would be better if you let our Support team know so they can further assist you as @SunsetRunner said. I have created a ticket for you so you will get an email from Support.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very similar to my situation.  It just went black on Sunday but it still tracks everything.  I can feel vibrations when it resets and goals are met, just no display.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

@Guyinhat Welcome! It's great to see you around! 

I will assist you with this issue. Since you didn't mention any troubleshoots I suggest you try restarting it by following these instructions. Also make sure that the device is charged.

Keep me posted.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 did this yesterday.

I plugged it in, followed the directions to reset it.  The screen said, "Thanks.  I needed that."  The battery icon showed full.

Not even a minute later the screen went black again.

What would be your suggestion?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has also happened to me. I restarted it and nothing happened the screen is still gone but teh green lights on the black keep flashing. Is there a way to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I followed those instructions and still no display. The green lights are flashing on the back and it still syncs to my phone. Anything else to try?

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

my charge 2 is doing the same thing. i charged it, i reset it, nothing is helping. the green lights are still flashing & it appears to still be syncing to my phone, but the screen is black. was your issue ever resolved with yours? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@runawaykat Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Let me help you with your Charge 2 screen not working and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I noticed that you already contacted our Support team so please keep working with them to find a solution.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you. it wasn’t fixable, i ended up just buying another charge 2 cause i couldn’t afford the newer ones & had just purchased a bunch of new bands for my charge 2 that stopped working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@runawaykat thank you for the update.

Sorry to hear that the issue couldn't be fixed but happy to hear that you are already back on track with a new device so you can keep up all the great work work. Hopefully you will reach all your fitness goals for this year.

Happy stepping and stay safe.

Best Answer
0 Votes