Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 ships without dongle

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the Charge 2 not ship with a dongle? Does the Charge 2 not need one or do I use the dongle from another Fitbit device? Or does a dongle have to be purchased separately?

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

Hi, I have just bought a Fitbit Charge 2 and it won't sync with my computer as it appears my ASUS X550C doesn't have bluetooth?? Some information suggested that this wasn't necessary if I downloaded the Fitbit for Windows 10 app??? Do I need to purchase a dongle and if i do will that be all that I require? Your website won't allow me to put a PO box address into the delivery but that is the only way mail will get to me. I live in an area where there is no mobile phone reception so do not have a smartphone. The sales people assured me my computer was all that was necessary. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need bluetooth to synchronise, so if your laptop computer does not have bluetooth, you need to buy a USB dongle (very cheap), or ask Fitbit to send you a dongle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the dongle works with any fitbit device

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Windows 10 Asus M32AD has bluetooth and finds the charge 2 but fails to sync every time and i have to turn bluetooth off and use the dongle from my charge 

honestly kinda annoying and if a fix is possible i'd much enjoy it

Best Answer

I also had a flex and the dongle works for my Charge 2 also

Best Answer

Hello everyone, hope you're doing good! If you only sync your tracker with a mobile device, you don't need the dongle. Some computers that can communicate with the tracker over Bluetooth also don't need the dongle. However, because a computer's Bluetooth signal can occasionally be weak or problematic, it's a good idea to keep the dongle nearby even if you usually sync without it.

The Bluetooth-equipped computers that don't generally require a dongle are:

• Macs with Fitbit Connect software installed
  • Windows 10 PCs with the Fitbit app for Windows 10 installed

Because our newer trackers are optimized for use with mobile devices, they don't ship with dongles. This list includes:

• Alta
  • Blaze
  • Charge 2
  • Flex 2 

If you need a dongle, they're available for sale in the Fitbit Store

Note that Blaze customers who want to use a computer don't need a dongle if these conditions are met:

• The computer is running Windows 10.
  • The Fitbit app for Windows 10 is installed.
  • Blaze is in the charging cradle.
  • The other end of the cradle is plugged into a USB port on the computer.  

In this scenario syncing occurs while Blaze is in the charging cable. It only works in conjunction with the Fitbit app for Windows 10. 

Hope this clarifies your questions!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have blue tooth and it still will not sync without the dongle that is the way the new charge 2 seems to work.  $30 canadian for the dongle that doesn't come with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told they are for sale in the store 24 dollars plus shipping.  Merry Christmas

Best Answer
0 Votes

True they do not come with the dongle.  My older one the HR didn't come with one even though they said is was supposed to.  The HR will hook up with my windows 10 but this new Charge 2 won't.  I have contacted Fitbit twice but still no answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

well maybe the squeeky wheel gets more grease they are sending one to me free of charge.  worth contacting them again maybe they are getting a lot of negative feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes

+

I've been trying to do this all morning.  No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brin1956 Does your computer have Bluetooth 4.0 LE? Fitbit trackers require Bluetooth 4.0 LE in order to sync with a mobile device or computer, click here for more details. Please keep me posted if there's anything else that I can do to help!

@SunsetRunner Were you able to setup your Charge 2? If not, I would recommend that you first make sure that the App is up-to-date. Fitbit Windows 10 App version 2.16 was released earlier this week and you can find a link to download it here.

If the problem persists, is it possible to setup your tracker using a mobile device or a different computer? Regardless of how you setup your Charge 2, you will still be able to sync with your PC after it is set up. Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

computer brand new top of the line good bt, no syncing and without the dongle there will be no syncing.  back to my old computer that doesn't have bt so i don't expect it to work on this one.  fitbit is sending me a dongle and then i never will have a problem again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The good news is that I spoke with someone on chat and they are sending me a free dongle.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just sync it on my phone and then its correct on the computer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Honey, my phone is a dite old.  Got a Samsung Galaxy 3.  My phone would not have it.

Best Answer
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, downloaded Fit Bit and when I open it will
sync automatically.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had my S3 numerous years. Can't afford to upgrade now.

--
*This is not a dress rehearsal*
Best Answer
0 Votes

they are sending me one too but just got the notice it is on back order and will take 3-4 weeks to ship.  that means 6-8 weeks to get here, darn.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Isn't that the way? Maybe they are hoping we go out and buy one. I had to
tell this person I had no idea what a dongle was.........lol

--
*This is not a dress rehearsal*
Best Answer