Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 shows unknown for call notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have Charge 2 and caller ID issue showing "unknown" for any number but messaged all ok, is existing in my phone too. I have tried all the steps mentioned above but no luck. This all started to happen when I upgraded my Android OS to Android Pie 9. Please fix the issue, it is very frustrating.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@mera29072018 Sorry to hear that you aren't seeing the caller id for call notifications. Please make sure you are enabling the Fitbit app permissions under Settings of your Android device. You can go to Settings > Apps> Fitbit app > Permissions and make sure you have it toggled on. Also make sure your app is up to date.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your response but I have already made all attempts of giving all permissions, updated the app, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still no success. This all started after I updated my Android OS to Pie.

Let me know if any other update needs to be made.

Thanks,
Meghna

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

I'm having the same issues, after upgrading to Andriod Pie. Notifications seem alot more delayed, and phone calls are all showing as 'Unknown'. 

All app permissions are set as they should be. 

Best Answer

@Crash_Korse It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for checking the settings. You can both try refreshing the link between your tracker and your phone by going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I would advise you to check if the language you have on your phone is supported by fitbit. In my case, where the language is greek, I always get an unknown caller id for all phone book entries that have greek characters.

Cheers

Best Answer

@akalion A warm welcome to our Community! Thank you so much for participating in the forums and sorry for the late reply. I appreciate that you added this bit of information as it is important and may help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

I have tried everything suggested and it still comes up unknown when  a contact calls me

Best Answer

I just upgraded my phone (pixel 3a with android 10) and I can't get caller to show on my charge2. I also tried the workarounds on this thread but no luck so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes