Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 stopped syncing and shows incorrect date and time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 died and was left dead for about 2 weeks. When I charged it, it would no longer sync with my phone or update the date and time.

I've reset it and unpaired it from my phone and app.

I've restarted my phone

I've cleared the Fitbit app data then uninstalled and reinstalled. 

Nothing I try will repair the Fitbit with my phone neither through the app or just my phone itself. 

I imagine the issue is the date / time not being accurate. 

I attempted to do a factory reset but once I hold the button for 2 seconds while plugged in and unplug the cable while holding for another 8 seconds then release for 1 second and press and hold again nothing happens other than it turns my notifications off. 

Any help would be appreciated 

Additional information 

Fitbit Charge 2 version 22.58.00

Phone Pixel 3 android version 11 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I found a post where people solved this issue by pairing their devices with a different phone. 

I was able to pair the device to my wife's Galaxy S20 and instead of saying couldn't sync try again her phone got a message that it was taking longer than usual but that fitbit was on it. 

Once it paired to my wife's phone I was able to pair it to my phone no problem. 

I guess the moral of the story is Samsung > Google 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @MatthewJoseph.

I am sorry to hear your Charge 2 stopped syncing with your phone and won't update the date and timeThanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. Time and date on your tracker should be corrected when you sync it. I recommend trying the following:

1. Turn on 'always allow' for location services on your phone.
  2. Confirm the steps to restart your Charge 2: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture.
  4. Tap Set Up a Device.
  5. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

For complete troubleshooting instructions, see Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

If the tracker is still showing the wrong time and date after syncing, please try the additional troubleshooting steps here

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately none of that has been successful. 

Gave the fitbit app always access to my location - no luck

Restarted phone and charge 2 - no luck 

Removed my Aria scale from my account - no luck

Tried on and off of my phone being connected to wifi - no luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a post where people solved this issue by pairing their devices with a different phone. 

I was able to pair the device to my wife's Galaxy S20 and instead of saying couldn't sync try again her phone got a message that it was taking longer than usual but that fitbit was on it. 

Once it paired to my wife's phone I was able to pair it to my phone no problem. 

I guess the moral of the story is Samsung > Google 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @MatthewJoseph.

I am glad to hear that you were able to set up your tracker using your wife's phone. Thank you for your efforts and for sharing your solution as it could be helpful to other users. I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience without any issues. 

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics. 

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes