Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 stopped tracking heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I've had my Charge 2 for 8 months with no issues.  But last week I updated my software, and as of that day it stopped tracking heart rate.  Is there a known bug, or any way to try rebooting it?

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

@Rcfrank4 Thanks for stopping by! Please try restarting your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

After this change the hr sensor settings to off and sync your tracker then turn it to Auto and sync it again and see if this solves the issue.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion. It tried it, and it looks like that was enough
to fix it! I appreciate the help.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

@Rcfrank4 Happy to hear that this worked for you. Now keep all those steps up so you can see positive changes in your life in no time.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I tried the suggested steps and my HR2 still refuses to measure my heart rate. My HR2 is over one year (might be two even) old and I've weared it almost every day. Any advice would be appreciated.

Best Answer

I tried this and it didn’t work for me. I have had my Charge 2 for over 2 years now. 

Best Answer

Were you able to get it to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My HR tracking also died a few days ago.  Rebooting or changing settings doesnt work.  I think mine is toast. Prob 2.5 years old.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. I ended up buying a new device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had my Charge 2 for 2.5 years. It stopped tracking heartrate this afternoon in the middle of a strenuous day of yard work. Tried the reset procedure above. No luck. I'll try it again & let you know if it works. But I'm pretty sure I'm stuck buying a Charge 3 tomorrow.  Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried it, works! Thanks for the post

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 was tracking HR perfectly yesterday. I charged it last night and now it will not track HR. It does show current HR on the fitbt and app. I followed these steps and it did not correct the issue. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Heart rate monitor stopped after last update yesterday.

Tried reset by holding the button til the logo appears while on charger.

Tried turning auto heart rate off then syncing then turning it back to auto.

No heart rate in monitor or app.

Help please and thanks?

Best Answer

I am having this same problem after the most recent firmware update. My charge 2 is not measuring heart rate. I also do not see the green blinking lights on the back anymore. I've tried a reboot and I've tried turning the sensor on/off and synching. Still nothing.

Best Answer

I tried this and it did NOT work. However mine had stopped before the update. Are there any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a quick update: I followed the steps @Dtherrian posted, here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Charge-2-Firmware-update-fix/m-p/3690626#M210549

and my device is now working.  In my case, on iOS, I only had to do steps 1-4, then proceeded to step 6 to sign into the app and re-pair the charge 2.  I knew I was in good shape after the green lights were blinking on the back again after the reboot.  It seems the key is to make sure that you've signed out and uninstalled the Fitbit app and unpaired from the bluetooth menu in the system settings before reboot. Do not remove the device from your account within the app (as was Fitbit's suggestion to me) as that will result in you losing all your screen customizations and alarms and also didn't fix the problem.

Best Answer

Hi I have just tried all those solutions on my charge 2. Green lights blink but no heart rate measure. Can you help please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Everything was fine on my charge 2 until April 25th when it stopped reading my heart rate and therefore throwing off all of the other data they gather based off my heart rate. I have tried:

Turning heart rate to on, syncing, changing it back to auto and resyncing..nothing 

Uninstalling, reinstalling the app

Impairing from bluetooth, repairing after logging out and deleting app and reinstalling app

Restarting after every idea I try, even tried plugging my charger I to a different USB port. 

I think my charge 2 is probably close to 2 years old but worked just fine until April 25th. Even signed up for the free Premium to see if it was a conspiracy (like some have suggested) that they took it away from being free to charging for it and still nothing...

Any other suggestions? I have the blinking green lights on back and am wearing it in the same exact spot on my arm where I have worn all of my Charge FitBits for years so it's not that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like we’re experiencing & have done the exact same steps.  Fitbit just isn’t interested in resolving issues caused by the updates they put out. 

it’s impossible for anyone to say that this many people are experiencing the same issue all in about the same timeframe after not having any of these issues for so long. It’s really unfortunate but they will lose a lot of business from this. Such a tremendous lack of vision and brand awareness on their part.  Especially when everyone is now at home and on social media so much more. The funny things is for me as well is that I was the person speaking so highly about my watch before...such a shame!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having this problem too hockeygirl. Hopefully they do something to resolve our problems. 

Best Answer

Hi my fitbit stopped measuring heart rate, I've reset it as per advice and it works for couple of seconds and then stops again.  Can you advise if there is anything I can do ?

Thanks 

E

Best Answer
0 Votes