Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 stopped working at all

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hiya guys just wondering if anyone can help? my charge 2 has died on me there's nothing coming up on the screen and no green lights flashing.  I've charged it and tried to reset it as about 2 weeks ago it froze and I managed to reset it but now I'm not getting anything apart from a blank screen on the watch.  Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks Shellk321

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

Agree 

don’t buy fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep mine did the same 

called Fitbit 

offer 35% off a new one from them 

what a terrible company

Best Answer
0 Votes

This nothing is working. Whats the solution now? This is not the way that without anything charge 2 stopped working, if this is how it manufactured then fitbit should mention in the details that it will last for 2 years only. Waiting for urgent solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have possibly the same issue. 

Yesterday I noticed that my charge 2 screen did some funky stuff where it almost looked like the images got garbled with a bad connection.

I woke up today to no display screen. The sensor lights were bright green (seemed brighter than normal and I feel they usually dim or turn off but these stayed bright).

When I tried to plug it in to the charger via a secure outlet, it didn't vibrate or show the battery icon. I tried to plug it into my laptop but also no reaction. The app shows that it has a full battery but it is no longer syncing. I can't see when it last synced because it is frozen on "looking" to sync. It has 20 steps logged from sometime early this morning. 

I tried to restart my tracker following the suggested steps but there is no reaction. Not sure what to try at this point...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I've verified that the charging cord is working on Mr wife's Charge 2 watch. I have tried charging it from the wall outlet with USB ports and also the USB ports on my PC. Still blank screen and no vibration or blinking lights..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marre,
My fitbit charge 2 stopped displaying all at a sudden yesterday evening. The display is black, though the 2 green leds on the backside are on … but flashing faster than normal.
The last sync showed a 55% battery load.
Connecting it via the charger to different USB ports, on different laptops, does not result in any connection: no symbols pop up nor on the fitbit nor on the laptop.
Cleaning the 3! contacts on the back of the Fitbit and cleaning the 2! contacts on the charger does not help.
The contacts do align and give contact. Still no result.

Left it on the charger during whole night and retried all above steps … without any result 
What to do?
(note: why are there 3 contact in the back and only 2 on the charger: what is the use of the 3th contact?)

Looking forward to your response!
Regards, Luske

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue... I was bike touring from Pittsburgh to D.C. on the GAP and C&O Trails, when one morning I noticed that my Fitbit Charge 2 screen would not wake up when pressing the button. Nothing would wake it up... When I got back home, I tried to reset it, but unfortunately no luck! It is kind of disappointing to find out that it it would fail like that, for no reason... Time to look for something better!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As you all see, Fitbit doesn't care at all. They don't even bother to help or respond to people. The watch works for about 2 years and then it breaks. Fitbit thinks it's all fine. Bad customer service and worthless products. I expected more from them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My thoughts exactly!... When I posted a message here, I was hoping, first, that there is a way to recover, but than also that I will hear at least some words of compassion from them... They don't give a **ahem**. Obviously, they have too much business, so I am going to take mine somewhere else. I've been looking for the last few days, and I wonder if spending twice the amount that they are asking for the new Charge 5, and buy an Apple Watch either SE or 6. The only thing that I don't like about Apple watch is the 18 hours battery life. But it appears that the quality is better and they last longer than just 2 years...

Best Answer