Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 stops heart beat recording when sweating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After 18 month without a problem I am now facing that the heart beat recording stops for hours to days.

This typically happens when sweating a lot over more than 60 minutes. Cleaning, drying or resetting does not help. But after several hours, in the worst case after 1 1/2 days it suddenly returns to record. It is not predictable when it starts. Even last summer during holidays under tropical conditions I had no problem.

1. Why does the problem start now after 18 month usage?

2. Anything to get the heart beat recording faster to be restarted?

3. Should I start a complaint and ask for repair?

Thank’s a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @Zorro4Fit, it is great to see you around more often! Sounds indeed odd that your Charge 2 isn't tracking your heart rate anymore, specially when you are working out and sweating a lot. To be honest with you, I don't know why this started to happen after 18 months of usage. I'd think that this is because the heart rate monitor needs to be clean periodically, but you mentioned that you have done it, and thanks for that, but the issue persists, right? Now, when you say that you resetting it, are you saying that you tried the instructions in this post? If you haven't, please give it a try. If the issue persist, let me know and I will further assist you. 

Have a nice day! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello,

same thing is happening to me, my Charge 2 is less than 2 years old, never had a problem, and then all of a sudden it will not detect my heart beat. I have restarted it several times, switched the mode from Auto to On, and back and forth, but nothing is working.

I am so sad! Do I need to replace the battery?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here but my Charge 2 records my heart rate correctly for the first half of a 90 minute walk then stops recording. The Charge is over 2 years old and never had this problem until just a last few weeks ago. The screen developed a crack around 12 months ago for no apparent reason but it didn't seem to affect the operation of the Fitbit device or it's readout. Just recently a second crack appeared so I was thinking maybe moisture may now be getting into the device ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes