Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 strap does not stay attached

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What can I do if the strap will not stay attached?  This is after about a year of use.  Have already tried to tighten the screw in the strap.  This did not help.  I can see no visible damage or reason for it not to stay clicked in.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! Thanks for trying to tighten the screw in the strap, nice way to go! Man Very Happy

Would you mind sharing a picture of how your band looks like? 

Personally, I haven't had any issues with the band on my Charge 2 and I have been wearing it since 2016 and it comes off only when I press the clasp inside the band to release it.

The only thing I want to add is that you can try pulling the metal tab to the outside so it helps secure the wristband. Also, check the small screws holding the latch onto the tracker to ensure they haven't come loose. I know you have done something like this, but you can use a very small jewelers screwdriver to tighten the screws to see if that corrects the problem. 

If your wristband is broken, please reach out to our team at https://contact.fitbit.com so that they can help you with your available replacement options based on the Warranty Policies. If you go for this, please provide a picture of your band.

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! Thanks for trying to tighten the screw in the strap, nice way to go! Man Very Happy

Would you mind sharing a picture of how your band looks like? 

Personally, I haven't had any issues with the band on my Charge 2 and I have been wearing it since 2016 and it comes off only when I press the clasp inside the band to release it.

The only thing I want to add is that you can try pulling the metal tab to the outside so it helps secure the wristband. Also, check the small screws holding the latch onto the tracker to ensure they haven't come loose. I know you have done something like this, but you can use a very small jewelers screwdriver to tighten the screws to see if that corrects the problem. 

If your wristband is broken, please reach out to our team at https://contact.fitbit.com so that they can help you with your available replacement options based on the Warranty Policies. If you go for this, please provide a picture of your band.

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi.  Thanks for your reply.  Since there is nothing else I can do at home I have reached out regarding possible strap replacement.  I am within a month past my warranty. Thanks for the links and tip about including a photo, which I have done in my email.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Both strap ends just lift off the unit. They won't catch the tabs on the module - may be worn or something. Neither strap I have will stay on. Just checked with the online chat and it's out of warranty and they don't repair, so the solution proposed was a link to the store to buy a new one...very helpful.

I guess I'll try to glue it or something.

Best Answer
0 Votes