Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 stuck at 9999 steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the Charge 2 yesterday. I'm at 9999 steps for the day and have continued walking around, but the count does not roll over to 10k. I'm able to sync to my phone, and the device seems to work normally, but it's stopped incrementing the step counter.

Please help, I'd hate to return this and go back to an older device 😞

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner, I would suggest you try restarting your tracker first to see if that corrects the problem. Many user find it most helpful to restart it 3 or 4 times in a row to make sure the tracker starts clean.

If you are not familiar with the restart procedures, check out this help page https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@SunsetRunner, I would suggest you try restarting your tracker first to see if that corrects the problem. Many user find it most helpful to restart it 3 or 4 times in a row to make sure the tracker starts clean.

If you are not familiar with the restart procedures, check out this help page https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to our Community! Did you try restarting your tracker like @USAF-Larry suggested? This is odd. Lately I have been able to reach my goal (I am a couch potato) so I have seen 12k to 14k without a problem, what I am trying to say is that this is not common and there should not be any issue preventing your tracker from showing more than 9,999 steps.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the advice. Restarting my phone and the tracker seemed to unlock it; I'm not sure exactly which did it, but it did start tracking steps again. I think the 9999 was a red herring, it could've gotten stuck at any other step count.

I'm hoping this isn't a recurring issue though, as it would stink to have to check my tracker every once in awhile and then reset it every day or whatever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it corrected it, @SunsetRunner!  I don't think it will be a recurring problem. Keep on stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue except it was stuck at 9998 steps. Resetting the tracker solved the issue. Thanks for the posts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So random - mine was stuck at 9999 steps, so I googled it and found this article. The restarting my phone/tracker didn't do anything, but then I entered "Run" workout mode and it started working again.

Really weird. May be some kind of bug. 

Best Answer

Great tip, this worked for me too. Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

NOT solved. Tried restarting several times. No luck. This seems like a systemic issues. Guess I'll go with a Garmin when the Charge 2 craps out.

Best Answer

@wxing Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your tracker is stuck and for the late reply. Try setting up the device as a new one on your account (tap the account icon at the top right corner, then tap the trashcan icon to remove it). 

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I had tried the restart and then found your tip re Run worked and FitBit is now counting again

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cliveofindia A warm welcome to our Community!

Thank you for your reply and for following my suggestions. Also appreciated that you took the time to confirm that the suggestions worked for you as this may help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my charge4 for about two weeks and it just did the exact same thing. Stuck on 9999 as I was running around the house shaking arm etc. so I lost about 100 steps then restarted it and it works again. I hope this is not a recurring problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@belagrace It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

Thank you for sharing your experience and for confirming that the restart helped you solve the issue. If the issue persists please know that our Support team is available to help you in any way possible.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! This workaround worked for me too. I have a versa 2. 

Best Answer