Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 sure seems like it has built-in GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 2 supposedly only has phone-connected GPS.  Then why does it track mileage when I set the tracking on the watch and do not have my phone with me?  I've checked the stats against tracking with the phone, and the results are similar.  Also, 99% of the time the watch does not track mileage when I'm on my bike.  But, once in a while it does and it's extremely accurate.  Is my Fitbit Charge 2 a weird anomaly?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

If GPS is not available your Fitbit calculates mileage by multiplying your step count by your stride length which is normally pretty close to accurate.

Best Answer

The only way to track mileage on the bike is by using the manual bike mode and have the watch connected to the phone's GPS.

Best Answer

Yes, I see it is behind the walking/hiking tracking, but I'm still confused about the bicycle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit app on my phone only offers tracking for walks, hikes and runs.  I use the bike tracking option on my watch and it has actually tracked the mileage about 3 times out of thousands of rides.  I guess it's a fluke.

Best Answer
0 Votes