Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 switching notifications off/on randomly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 is going hay wire... turning notifications on and off all on it own. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211
While I agree it is water resistant. It should not have ingress due to me being a profuse sweater and mowing the lawn. Seems to be a common theme that a little water and the button fails. I am undecided if I will purchase another or go another route. It was not just notifications it scrolled all of the exercise options. A fit was tracker needs to handle workouts.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Any fix for this? Mine started doing this today june 7 in the am. I have shut it down and restarted it and nothing. Can’t seem to find a fix either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When mine did it after waking up in the morning, I knew that it had not been exposed to any water and it did finally settle down after resetting many times. Seriously please try to put it on charge and repeatedly hit the button to reset it. You may be lucky.

Unfortunately mine did totally die a couple of weeks later but to be fair I was working hard in the garden that day and may have exposed it to dust and possibly water and it was weaker due to the earlier malfunction. And the screen was scratched so it had been subject to much abuse during my ownership.

Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me and after hours of trying to resolve it,  Fitbit chat representative DAVID basically told me that I was SOL.  They offered me a 25% discount to buy another device but the way I see it, if this is occurring with many users, then isn't it a defect and shouldn't Fitbit take care of it?  The firmware version currently installed on my faulty device is 22.55.02.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing just started happening with my fitbit yesterday, repeatedly turning notifications on/off, scrolling thru all the screens, stopwatch on/off. Tried resetting it multple times but hasnt helped. Now it just sits on the bench buzzing away until the battery is drained. Unbelievable how many people have reported this issue without any resolution from fitbit.  So disappointed with fitbit quality. Would not recommend to anyone else or buy again. 

Best Answer

Mine began doing this after I took it off the charging cable this morning, 6/14/18. This is the third Fitbit I have gone through in as many years, the first two having issues that cannot be fixed due to poor manufacturing. It might be time to return to an analog watch and forgo all the benefits of a smart watch. The price paid per Fitbit does not make up for the benefits and features they come with if their lifespan is only a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well - I am giving fitbit one more chance and HAVE bought again. When they work, they are brilliant and I felt lost without one. I have bought them as gifts and would still recommend them to others. I hope they solve this issue though or let us know what causes it. It’s only a few percentage of watches that seem to go wrong and whilst I was a victim too and also extremely upset, I trust in the probability of not repeating the problem. Must be an optimist at heart!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same problem with the random displays.  This happened after not being able to get my fitbit to charge at all.  Now, I get it to charge and it is acting erratically. 

Suggestion:  If any of you purchase another Fitbit because you love it so much,  get it from a place that has an inexpensive protection plan.  QVC has the Charge 2 for $119 and a 3 year warranty for $19.  Also, you can get it on 5 easy payments of $25 per month for 5 months.   Walmart also has an inexpensive protection plan.  This is what I will do if resetting doesn't fix my Fitbit Charge 2 problem. 

Best Answer
Getting a warranty is a good idea. Wish that I had done it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started with this yesterday while I was sat watching the opening match of the world cup.  Nowhere near water, nowhere near dust.  The watch basically acts as though you are constantly pressing down on the button, every half second it will turn notifications on and off. 

If you do manually hold the button down it often breaks from the notification screen but then just cycles back through the available screens until it comes to rest back on the notifications one.  It then continues its original behaviour of turning the notifications on and off together with the small irritating buzz.

Nothing appears to work as a fix.  I have tried letting it run out of battery and recharging it;  Turning off the all day synch to my phone, removing and re-adding the watch to the app and tried resetting the thing as per the manual tens of times. 

Alas the thing appears to be goosed.

Edit: The only time it doesn't do this is when it is charging.

Best Answer

My charge 2 has been doing this as well. I am now getting calls on it and I said no to linking that. I constantly get notification that the notifications that Fitbit loss access ???? How can I turn off the phone option. It's always late and by the time it vibrates the caller has hung up already and it drains my battery....irk I have had it over a year and this just started a few months back. So ,I know it not me  hitting the side button...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine eventually stopped working today.  Nothing.on the display at all now and I can't get it to charge.  I've only had it for a year and a half.   Getting ready to order another one from QVC with the 3 year protection plan because I've really gotten used to wearing it and i want to wear thel nice silver wrist band my daughter bought me for Mother's Day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too facing the same issue.It started all of a sudden and started showing on and off randomly .

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is very obviously a software issue so why doesn’t Fitbit acknowledge it? Do they fear that they’ll lose money for owning up to their software glitch? Well, they’ve already lost my repeat business and I definitely won’t be recommending Fitbit to any of my friends.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Fit bit had become a part of me and this is so disappointing.Hope they will find a solution soon..

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you sure the side button isn't being held down to long and turning notifications off. 

Best Answer
Very considering it does it the moment it is charged till dead.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Positive! There are MANY people out here with the same issue. It was GREAT while it worked, but no more Fitbit for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, the button is not being held down to make the notifications go on and off.  This will be the last Fitbit that I purchase and I'm only purchasing another one because I can get the 3 year protection plan for $19.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problems with my Fitbit Chg2. I noticed that it died faster than normal and I put it on the charger and when I took it off I held the button down and the notifications will turn off and on continuously until the battery goes dead. I googled the problem and I learned what I could do to troubleshoot the issue. 

I let the battery drain completely and started it and it malfunctioned. So the next step was to turn it off and hold the button for 10-12 seconds. Still didn’t work. I tried doing this while it was charging. I also hooked it up to my computer to see if I could reset the software. No. Then I took a pin and put it in the reset hole and tried resetting it. Didn’t work. I turned off all notifications using the app. Still no good. So I stuck it in the drawer and left it for 2 months. I opened the app and logged onto the Fitbit website because it said it needed to update and their was a privacy issue I needed to read and agree on. Pretty much the same procedure you do when you first get it. All of my data had saved, no issues there. But despite everything I tried it still won’t work. If it’s a software issue then they need to give us a master reset and then update it. If it’s because it is faulty after a certain period of time then I think it should be replaced or they should let the buyer know that it won’t last more than a certain period of time so we know we know before we buy this device so we can make the decision on weather or not we want to make this purchase. 

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. 

Best Answer