Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 switching notifications off/on randomly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 is going hay wire... turning notifications on and off all on it own. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

Sadly I woke up to this in the middle of the night. I pressed buttons in my sleep until it stopped. This morning it started again and my battery has drained. It was at 30% when I went to bed. Since this is my 3rd one and none have lasted more than 17 months, I’m considering Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
Yes I’m buying an Apple Watch soon. Everyone I know has them and they are way better. Their warranty and costumer service when something goes wrong is also way better.

Xibara via iPhone
Best Answer

While I do know a lot that has the apple. iIhear that they are unhappy with the tracking of activity, and know several who gave uouthe apple for a Fitbit, and have no desire to go back. 

Best Answer

I just started experiencing this yesterday. I was not surprised by the frustration expressed in all the posts. This Charge HR is at least my 5th Fitbit. None has lasted more than 18 months. I love the Fitbit app but the trackers have always been extremely poor quality. Enough is enough for me.  I will not replace this Fitbit.  Having to replace devices at least every 18 months might be part of the business model. That has happened to my wife, stepdaughter, and several of our friends. Several years ago my stepdaughter switched to an Apple Watch. She has never had a problem with the Apple Watch. My wife went to an Apple Watch November 2017.   She just started laughing at me when I told her my tracker was failing again. She then said “I hope you are not stupid enough to buy another.”  I am not. 

Best Answer

That's good advice, I'm looking at Polar and Garmin watches on amazon and ebay, there's still some of them on sale. Reading the reviews it looks like they definitely last longer than Fitbits 

Best Answer

This is happening me too....any way to resolve it is it broken now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately no. I purchased a new one. 

Best Answer

This is happening to me too!  Has anybody figured out what the issue is?  I have contacted Fitbit support with no help.

Best Answer

Nope. And I just found out my bf’s is dead also. I thought he just wasn’t wearing it. Had I known I definitely wouldn’t have purchased another faulty piece of crap. Very dissatisfied. I think they should last at least 3 years, 18 mos is unacceptable. I will use my internet voice and let everyone know. 

Best Answer

Same thing is happening to my Charge 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me!  I was woken this morning at 5:56 am to my FitBit Notification going on/off and vibrating - it just would not stop.  I tried shutting off notification in the app to no avail.  I Pushed the button several times and nothing - it just keat going.  Then I held the button and it changed to getting stuck on Heart Rate.  I tried charging it but it just did the same until it died.  Any idea how to fix this problem?

Best Answer

Sadly, the solution is to buy a new one, or buy something else.  FitBit will not fix the issue, FitBit will not fix your Charge 2.  So, if it's happening, you're hosed.  Buy a new one, I did, or buy something else.  Those are your ONLY two options.

Best Answer

Hello, I have experienced this as well. I spoke with a representative for Fit bit. We troubleshot and I was advised by Fit bit to purchase another and I was outside of the warranty period of 12 months. I only had it for 15 months. It was down for 3 weeks after that conversation. So I plugged it in one final time before throwing it out and it started working normal again. It worked for a couple of days and now it's doing it again. They sent me a 25% off coupon in my email.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue just started happening to me. Trouble shooting worked for a whole 5 minutes then same issue. Device is 20 months old so outside warranty period. 

I wont be buying another Fitbit product.

Best Answer

I agree with you. I have also decided not to buy anymore fitbit due to its 'reliability' issues. One of my posts was deleted and not sure about this one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also got the 25% discount code, but with the discount its costing more than my original price for FitBit Charge 2. So I decided not to buy and exploring other reliable options in the market. Hope fitbit team takes this seriously rather than forcing people to take extended warranty or buy new one.

Best Answer
Hey,

What worked for me was to alter the daily (auto sync) to manual. I know it
is one of the key features of the device usage, and obviously, this means
that your phone calls, messages connected the device will no longer work.
but that's what did it for me.
Just need to take care to sync manually it every two days at max.

HTH!
KD
Best Answer
0 Votes
It was extremely frustrating. The last couple of days all is ok. I am with
you as well !
Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread has several subjects going on.

One subject is the charge 2 turning on it's DND mode, this can accidentally happen by holding in the button to long.

The second subject, no one mentioned their phone type, is the unrelated problem of the app turning notifications off. This can be caused by the OS revoking access during an app update.

Third subject is about having setup problems.

Forth subject in this thread is about battery life.

Fifth subject is about fitbits 25% discount for replacements

Then there are posts that simply say, I have the same problem, this doesn't help, since the thread has been  hijacked .many times and no one knows which problem or phone is being refferred to. 

Best Answer

The person posted above me missed the main point. Fitbit turning on/off has nothing to do with the app or phone type. The device was toggling between screens and also turning on/off notifications even when the bluetooth of the phone is off. :). So when I contacted support, the only solution was take the 25% discount and buy a new one. So the issue is all inclusive and not one.

Best Answer