Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 switching notifications off/on randomly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 is going hay wire... turning notifications on and off all on it own. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

I've not had any problems,sofar, with my Charge 3.

The Charge 2 failed like yours but I was offerred a no costreplacement.

Regards

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me too over and over again and the resets don’t work..what it the real problem? I don’t want to hear another person saying “ we’ll buy a new one”..This is unacceptable! We need a fix to this random notifications on off flashing issue...it makes this unit worthless!

Would like a solution please fit bit!

Best Answer

I call bull sh...t Rich,... quit lying to people. Due to your dishonesty I will never buy another fit bit device again! Unacceptable!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is that if a user accidentally holds on the button to long notifications will be turned off or on. 

The button could be held in to long while navigating the screens or getting caught on something, let's say a boxer when the glove turns off the exercises recording. 

The easy fix is to disable this hold in button from all but the notification screen when this screen has been added. 

So @4l your going to base your whole relation with Fitbit based on what a fellow Fitbit user has posted? I have explained why the resets don't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its time to take this issue to Twitter and Facebook letting others know about how fit bit won’t fix all these issues but ask that you buy another device..... unacceptable 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did Fitbit really ask you to by another device? 

Also is having a conversation between Fitbit users the best way to bring this up to Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not directly but do you have a solution?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a possible fix that will need the developers to implement. 

They did make changes for this and other Charge 2 issues with the Charge 3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree I would love to have a new one. I am still having the problem .
They know it’s an issue with the battery charging but instead I was
advised to get another one with 25% off.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me too! What is the fix????

@Joylyn126 wrote:

This has been happening to me as well. Is there a fix for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the button was held too long why is that a problem? There should be a way to reset successfully...but that doesn’t work either..you have to admit that’s lame that is you press a button too long it makes the device do haywire and become unusable and a worthless piece of $150.00 plus garbage??? It’s time to buy an Apple or Garmin! And by the way a 25% discount is unacceptable. 

@Rich_Laue wrote:

The normal reason for notifications on the Charge 2 to get turned off is simply because of some reason the button got held in to long

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s becoming obvious this is happening ON PURPOSE!  It’s happening to too many people at the same time...  If there was a way to disable “updates” I would for this specific reason.  I’m going to try to start a viral campaign/conversation to force an investigation...  Nothing worst than being SCAMMED!  👎🏾

Best Answer

It’s becoming obvious this is happening ON PURPOSE!  It’s happening to too many people at the same time...  If there was a way to disable “updates” I would for this specific reason.  I’m going to try to start a viral campaign/conversation to force an investigation...  Nothing worst than being SCAMMED!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will definitely support you. They are forcing us to and they know this is
happening.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The way to turn notifications on or off is by holding in the button. 

I very much doubt that the user is holding in the button on purpose then complaining that notifications have been turned off, when they them self i. Purpose turned notifications off. 

I suspect that the user is accidentally holding in the button. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mr. Rich,

What will it take for you to believe all the users who will tell you that they are not holding the button. You can take the device off, and put in front of you on the table, and it keeps buzzing On/Off. You're sticking up a company who would rather ask you to buy another device than solve a problem. I firmly believe their staff has clear instructions to offer a new purchase if they can't solve an issue (because they still make more money on the purchase than spending resources on solving a bug).

Best Answer

Well you're the first to mention that this is happening while on a table. 

This thread title is about notifications randomly turning on/off. 

Having a tracker that sits there constantly buzzing, switching notifications on/off and jumping around screens is not a random ccurrence but a hardware issue that only Fitbit support will be able to address. 

A simple random on/off of notifications is not what you are describing but is what the title says is happening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Surprised to see Fitbit finally reach out to me after several weeks of nothing.
And this post reply is attempting to redefine a software and/or hardware issue so it appears my complaint is inappropriate for this thread.
Fitbit users don't care why your product works poorly, they simply expect you to stand behind your product, fix issues users help to identify, and finally not bully users who report legitimate product problems.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
So I have been cleansed from this thread. However Rich is a fit bit shill and since your tracker failed just outside of the warranty window, they will only discount a new device.

Good luck no matter which way you go.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E
Best Answer
0 Votes

To clarify any misunderstandings, i am not an employee of Fitbit. 

If I'm unable to figure out what a person is asking, based on a lack of info, i will assume that their question is based on the title/subject of the thread and not an hijacked tangent. 

Best Answer
0 Votes