Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 takes long to charge and dies quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 

I have been using my charge 2 for a couple of months now. Before I charged my fitbit couple of days ago, the battery used to charge in about 30 minutes and dies in about 3-4 days. After I charged it recently it lasted 2 days and then showed no battery. The battery died in the evening but in the morning it had 85%. I then put it for charging and it stayed at 0% for about 40 minutes. I came to check on it after 1.5hrs and it was fully charged. After just 1.5hrs it died without giving any warning e.g. email, notification. What should I do? How do I fix the battery?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I’ve had my charge 2 for over 2 years and the battery never lasted 3-4 days, so that seems like you have a positive issue and not a problem regarding that.

I charge it daily when showering. You have to make sure it vibrates and shows the charging battery symbol when you connect it.. sometimes I’ve put it in the charger not realizing it wasn’t connected properly so make sure that isn’t an issue.

Check your setting too. If you’re constantly checking your Fitbit app this will drain battery versus synching it manually (I believe).

i don’t have the face constant lit up, I have to touch it or move for the screen to show which also preserves battery.

I have told myself it’s time to get a more modern upgraded Fitbit like the charge 4 or 5 but my ancient charge 2 is still chugging along without issues for now so I hope the same longevity for you as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello ittybittyfitcom,

The 3-4 days part was not the problem. I was just telling how it was before the current problem. I am a tech guy myself so I never charged my fitbit everyday as it can lead to battery wear. Basically what happened was that I charged my fitbit 2 days ago and this morning in the app it showed there was 85% battery but in the evening it died. I then put it on charging. After 10, 20, 30 mins it still had 0% battery. I then left it for charging and came back to check the percentage after 1.5hrs. It showed 100% so wore the watch and I continued with my daily life. Afterwards (about 1 - 1.5hrs) later, I wanted to check the time and then I looked at my watch, pressed the button and no reaction. I then connected it to the charger and it said there was 0%. So I am looking for advice on what I can do when my fitbit last an hour?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah lasting an hour isn’t normal at all, maybe a hardware issue. I didn’t even know they still sold charge 2s so could also just be an older battery but I myself am NOT a tech person so apologies for not having the answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

All-Day Sync increases battery drain on both your tracker and mobile device. To find the setting, open the app and tap or click the Account icon at the top of the screen tap or click Charge 2 to see your settings, then scroll down. (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes