Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 text and call notifications not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got my charge 2 and text and call notifications not coming through...I have done lots of troubleshoots that I have read about and nothing is working I have iPhone 6s
Best Answer
0 Votes
299 REPLIES 299

I tried all this, and still... no joy. Really wish a solution could be found, or a replacement sent (not that that would be better if it suffers the same fate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dlanders80  the only setting on the Charge 2 for notifications is by holding in the button, this will turn on off notifications on the device itself. This is confirmed since it was a Fitbit update that introduced the issues. Most issues are with the phones global settings, the phones settings for app permissions, and settings within the Fitbit app.

Not knowing anything about iOS but know that when a new Android version comes out it usually takes a couple of months for Fitbit to work out the bugs.

When it comes to receiving hello, it is usually less confusing to start a new thread, since you're asking about iOS I'll move your thread to the iOS board.

Best Answer

I have tried everything I can’t get the notifications to work for text or calls on charge 2.  I have deleted the app.  I have forgot the device on Bluetooth.  I got the code sent to me entered it.  I would really like to resolve the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure you turn on require encryption.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
Where do I turn it on at?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where can I do this at?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Press and hold the button on the side. It should say notifications on or off.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have already done this. Still not working. I have 8plus iPhone. Can anyone help with this ?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got that to work for me too thank you very much for the help.

Best Answer

Awesome 👍🏽

Best Answer
0 Votes

My text hasn’t worked in months. I was told there is still an issue. Does anyone else have this issue? I’ve done all the troubleshooting and called customer service multiple times. 

Best Answer

I did finally get it to work by changing only one setting on my phone. Go to Settings-> Notifications -> Messages -> make sure Notification Center and lock screen are both turned ON.

Best Answer
Mine are both on already 😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My text notifications are not working either (and haven't for months since upgrading to iOS 13)

Best Answer
0 Votes

My text notifications are not working either (and haven't for months since upgrading to iOS 13)

Best Answer
0 Votes

**Solution for not receiving text notifications but receiving calls**

If you have an iPhone, you must enable Message previews to receive notifications. If this setting is off, you’ll still receive call notifications, but not text notifications. This is unfortunate because your text message notifications will now show the preview on your phone. Like myself, I wanted privacy when I’m away from my phone and someone wants to pick it up. This should be addressed ASAP by the FirBit team. But at this time, this is the only working solution for me. 

Cheers!

Moderator edit: removed all caps

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Yes I already have my messages come up as preview on my phone but it still does not come up with notifications for text messages on my Fitbit. Thank you for responding though.

Skye Cook
Leopold Primary School
Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday
Sent from iPhone.
IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.
IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PauperJenkins please don't yell at us. 

Yes enable preview gets mentioned several times a week for iOS. 

@Scookie22 without knowing anything about your phone, I'm not sure what settings need to be checked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally found a solution. For me, I wasn’t getting notifications until I enabled “show preview” to always in the iOS menu Settings —> notifications —> messages —-> show preview. 

basically, I had my phone to display a text on my phone Lock Screen without the entire message. You have to allow your message to come through on a Lock Screen to be able to push to the charge 2. Don’t love that solution as my texts aren’t private on a locked screen.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have spent hours looking for a solution and this is what finally worked. Thank you!

Best Answer