Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 text and call notifications not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got my charge 2 and text and call notifications not coming through...I have done lots of troubleshoots that I have read about and nothing is working I have iPhone 6s
Best Answer
0 Votes
299 REPLIES 299

bluetooth is setup and has no issues.  the iphone reports that it is connected to the iPhone.   the iPhone notifications are set properly.

fitbit is not sending text or call notifications or they are unintelligible to the iPhone.

this worked briefly when initially set up.  no changes were made.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you checked the notify stop center on the IPhone? Restarted the phone and the Charge 2?

While viewing the clock on the Charge 2 did you try holding on the button? 

Best Answer
Yes
Notify is ON

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. It’s solved now

Sent from Gail
Best Answer

Notify is on. 

I have not restarted the Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I tried your steps with my iPhone X and followed it with 5 resets of the Fitbit.  Sent myself a text and no joy.  I've had my 'bit for about 18 months and I'm not sure when it stopped sending notifications - a few months ago probably.  I guess I will call Fitbit support unless you have other advice specific to iPhone X.  Thanks for clear instructions, though they were a little outdated for iPhone X menus.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure your notifications are”on”. I had this same problem and discovered that I had accidentally turned them off. When you push the side button on the Charge 2, keep pushing until you see the Notifications screen and make sure it is “on”.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
OK! Thank you! Notifications are back on. But I’m still not getting test texts I send to myself. More ideas?

Sent from my snazzy iPhone X! Autocorrect mischief likely but hopefully humorous!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This was sooooo much help. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Make sure you have require encryption on. When you want to send a test do it like 3 times and it should go through.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No luck with Samsung note 5.

Any ideas?

Donna

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you it worked!

Best Answer

Sorry @VeniceM I'm not sure of what steps worked. 

Best Answer

I just simply disconnect all my Bluetooth connection in my iPhone. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app. Went to settings making sure Fitbit notification is on.  Set up the Fitbit app log in. Turn on Bluetooth and connect fitbit. Then turned on the call n text notification in Fitbit app. Sync it and tried to call my phone and it worked.

Best Answer

Thankyou so very much for helping me!! My question was answered before I even asked it!! My notification had gotten turned off on my fitbit itself! So easily fixed. But frustrating to figure out!! Lol. 

Best Answer

I also tried everything listed and I was about to give up. I did finally get it to work by changing only one setting on my phone. Go to Settings-> Notifications -> Messages -> make sure Notification Center and lock screen are both turned ON. I had deselected the Notification Center for messages and for some reason this inhibits the messages from going to my Charge 2 HR...

The weird thing is that the change is in the Messages settings not in the Fitbit settings. 

Best Answer

I tried removing the app and removing from Bluetooth, and reinstalling but it’s still not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the Charge 2 shit up as a trusted device on the phone? I assume notifications are turned on the Charger 2. Hold in the button to check, or if the notifications screen is enabled the trap over to it.

Also when asking about a c phone poblem it is helpful to know which phone. I

Best Answer
it shows as a trusted device.  I have an iphone xr.  all notifications are turned on, synced and connected.  I removed the bluetooth connection.  I removed the app and reinstalled and synced again to bluetooth
Best Answer
0 Votes