Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 text notifications not working with iPhone 7

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have recently upgraded to iPhone 7 Plus and all notifications are working except for text notifications. Have run through every scenario from deleting the Charge 2 from the IOS Bluetooth settings, removing device from the FitBit application, deleting the Fitbit Application, resetting all devices (iPhone as well as Charge 2) and still NO text notifications. Help please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you Kmranson123.  I did have the "Show on Lock Screen" enabled in the "Notifications" section in "Settings" on my iPhone 7 Plus and the text messages were not coming through.  What I found was, the "Show in Notificaiton Center" slide setting was in the "OFF" position.  Once I turned "Show in Notification Center" on, I was in good shape.  All notifications now come through.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

@DLewis    Make sure you on iPhone, that you have "Show on lock screen" enabled for your text messages.  

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

Thank you Kmranson123.  I did have the "Show on Lock Screen" enabled in the "Notifications" section in "Settings" on my iPhone 7 Plus and the text messages were not coming through.  What I found was, the "Show in Notificaiton Center" slide setting was in the "OFF" position.  Once I turned "Show in Notification Center" on, I was in good shape.  All notifications now come through.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Best Answer

@DLewis Thanks for joining us! Glad to hear that you were able to correct the issue with your settings and are now receiving messages and thank you for posting what you did to correct it as this can help other members in the same situation. @Kmransom123 Thank you for you contribution here too.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I had that on my tracker, that screen (setup etc) - but then I went to Fitbit on my Phone and did the setup procedure. (I was led through this by Fitbit Chat - very good coaching - But to have the calls, messages etc from iPhone to Charge 2 I see that does noe work at home over WiFi only, I have to have my Bluetooth ON - on my Phone, tried out a little)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @randijaa,

Im not sure i understand completely.  Do you get notifications at all?

This option happens between the phone and tracker through bluetooth,  and does not use any network data,  no wifi or cell connection needed.

Please see the solution above, this is usually the step left out.

You may have noticed tyat i moved your non setup related question, out of the not able to setup thread. This is so that the thread isn't hijacked.

Best Answer

(Rich_Laue) - I'm not quite familiar with the Forum - questions and replies seem to turn up in no order. But OK - I HAD problems getting Notifications (that was because I was not able to get iPhone and Charge2 paired) But happily everything is all right now - I went through - not difficult - but very long and complicated procedure on Chat with Fitbit - grateful for that help. And I think my tracker is great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not longer receiving text messages or notifications on my charge 2. I have a iPhone 7 and have been getting them in the past

Best Answer
I have this too! Did you manage to solve it?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have this issue with my charge 2. The above suggestion was already on. Is there anything else I can try?
The worked 2 days ago & now have stopped
Best Answer
I got very good help and support from Fitbit. And have had no problem afterwards. I am very satisfied with my Charge 2. ( Though I suspect it shows a bit too high pulse rate on the upper scale, when running. Above my natural Max I think. - Has anybody experienced this?? My Max is measured to 176, But on Charge2 I often have 185.....)

Sendt fra min iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything! Reset my charge 2, reinstalled the app several times, restarted my iPhone and nothing. All notifications are on as recommended, the charge 2 shows up as connected to Bluetooth and the app syncs without problem. But I am not getting ANY Notifications on my fitbit. I have a brand new iPhone 7.  

Best Answer

I had this! Turns out I'd managed to turn off notifications on my actual Fitbit 🙈
Have you checked this?

> Many Kind Regards,
> Sent from my iPhone:mobile_phone:

Moderator edit: deleted personal information

Best Answer

It worked with mine when I used the option: "Remove This Charge 2" - and then connected it again, like it got "a new start"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know! I was just told that by customer service. So annoying!! Nowhere do I see that recommendation. 

People if you have this problem: hold the button down for 2 secs you'll see it flips to notifications on/off. Duh!!

Best Answer

Thank you so much, holding the side button for two seconds turned the notifications on for my firbit!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just set up brand new charge 2 yesterday. Texts were coming thru as were calls now nothing. Settings unchanged but made sure notifications are enabled.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,  - In order to clarify - this solution has changed slightly with the update to ios 11

Since the update to ios 11, in "Notification Settings" on iPhone, under "Messages", there is now an option called "Show in History" this replaces the previous "Show in Notification Center" and it needs enabling to allow text messages to appear on Fitbit Charge 2. 

Hope this is helpful 🙂

DLewis wrote:

What I found was, the "Show in Notification Center" slide setting was in the "OFF" position.  Once I turned "Show in Notification Center" on, I was in good shape.  All notifications now come through.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Best Answer

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' great! 

@Nena98, I just want to confirm, is everything fine with the notifications? As you mentioned, yes, you can turn them ON or OFF by pressing and holding the side button. 

@Katriona@randijaa@Lauraadp and @Sophiamarchi, thanks for the update! Sounds pretty cool that you are getting notifications again. Let me know if you have any other comments or questions. 

@SunsetRunner, thanks for that update. I'm pretty sure that knowing that little detail will help other users that have iOS device. 

Have a nice day guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Thank you - everything is fine by me....

Best Answer