Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 text notifications not working with iPhone 7

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have recently upgraded to iPhone 7 Plus and all notifications are working except for text notifications. Have run through every scenario from deleting the Charge 2 from the IOS Bluetooth settings, removing device from the FitBit application, deleting the Fitbit Application, resetting all devices (iPhone as well as Charge 2) and still NO text notifications. Help please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
63 REPLIES 63

Thanks for the update @randijaa! Keep me posted if you need further help! 

Have a nice day! Smiley Wink

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I’ve done all these suggestions and more and it still wont work. 😡😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Kk84, it is cool to see new faces around! I appreciate you have taken the time to try the suggestions that were previously posted. There is a one simple thing that I'd like you to try. I just want you to make sure that the notifications on the Charge 2 itself are ON. So just press and hold the side button to do so. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having issues for about 3 months on my iPhone 7 every since I updated to iOS 11 everything is turned on I get call notifications but still won’t send text messages to my Fitbit charge 2? 

Best Answer

Thank you, Peril!  I've been in contact with Fitbit since October about this issue, and they keep saying their engineers are aware of the issue and they don't have a solution but are working on it.  I just did what you suggested (turned on "Show in History" in Notifications for Messages), and now I am getting my text notifications!  Someone needs to tell the Fitbit engineers about your solution, lol.  Thanks again!

Best Answer

Thank you, DLewis!  Your post also pointed me in the right direction, and I am getting my text notifications again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have tried all these solutions but still not working. I simply cannot phone and text message notifications. I have deleted the app and downloaded again and tried all the steps yet not successful.

can someone help please.......

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

“Show in history” works thanks for the information finally back to normal. 

Best Answer

Thank you!  Have a new  iPhone X and was not getting texts only.  Weeks of frustration.  All fixed now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did that, I receive calls but not texts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like i said Ive done all the suggestions I receive calls but not texts! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kk84 Just keep searching I thought I couldn’t find a fix for the past 3 months but as soon as I turned on the show in history in the messages notification settings it started working i don’t remember seeing that before I updated to 11.2 Have you set your notifications in the Fitbit app for all notifications? 

Best Answer

Thanks! This did the trick! Now im getting my text notifications!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did ask support to pass the info on, hopefully it will filter though eventually 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I originally bought a charge 2 for my wife loaded it on her 6s and it worked great notifications and calls. I took her charge2 and gave her an ALTA HR. Everything is turned on now neither will show text or call alerts...HELP

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my gosh, thank you so much.  This is the only thing that worked.  And so simple...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I'm with the problem still... I've an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11.2.5. and i don't get any text or call notification.
I did the erase/add the bluetooth thing, all notifications are on and still nothing.

Help please!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar problem with my IPhone 7, and Fitbit Charge 2.  After checking that all the settings in the app were correct, I was told to hold the button on the side in for I think 5 to 7 seconds.  It brings up a message on the band saying that "alerts are turned on now" or something to that effect.

I hope this helps.

Best Answer

Excellent... That solved the problem. Thanks

Best Answer

You're welcome!!!  Thanks for the vote.

Best Answer