Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 text notifications not working with iPhone 7

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have recently upgraded to iPhone 7 Plus and all notifications are working except for text notifications. Have run through every scenario from deleting the Charge 2 from the IOS Bluetooth settings, removing device from the FitBit application, deleting the Fitbit Application, resetting all devices (iPhone as well as Charge 2) and still NO text notifications. Help please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
63 REPLIES 63

My messages also stopped appearing about a week ago.  Also iPhone 7 but everything did work and I have all things correct with my settings and the Bluetooth is working....??????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try pushing the button on the side of the watch for a few seconds, that worked for me and a few others now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much! I felt like an idiot when I realized this was all I needed to do to get the notifications! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all the suggested fixes and yet I still don't get any notifications.  Yes, notifications are turned on, on the device as well as on my iphone 7+ and the fitbit app.  I even reset the charge 2 and reset it up again.  No joy.  This is very annoying and if it continues, I will be forced to just get rid of this piece of junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BassAce68 have you looked at the Fitbit help siite? 

Here is the iOS instructions. 

Confirm or adjust these settings:

• Bluetooth—Bluetooth technology allows your phone to communicate with the Fitbit device. Verify that Bluetooth is on.
  • Do Not Disturb—This feature prevents your phone from sending notifications. Verify that Do Not Disturb is off
  • Notifications—Your phone must be set to receive notifications before they can be sent to your Fitbit device. Check these settings:
    • For Phone, Calendar, and Messages, make sure Allow Notifications and Show in History are on.
    • For Messages, also make sure Show on Lock Screen and Show as Banners are on.
    • If your Fitbit device can receive app notifications make sure you can receive app notifications on your phone. For example, you can receive Facebook notifications on your Fitbit device, but only if you also receive them on your phone. Find the notifications permissions under Settings > Notifications and use the same settings you used for Messages.

STEP 2. SET UP NOTIFICATIONS IN THE FITBIT APP

Set up the notifications you want to receive on your wrist. Make sure your charged Fitbit device is nearby.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon (User-added image) > your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications. If you're prompted to pair your Fitbit device, follow the on-screen instructions. 
  3. Turn each notification category on or off depending on your preferences. If you want to see calendar notifications, make sure any other calendar apps are synced with your default calendar app. Only the default app sends notifications.  
  4. If your Fitbit device can receive notifications from other apps on your phone, tap App Notifications and make your choices. If an installed app is missing from the list, sync your device and then check again. 
  5. Sync your device.

You're done setting up. Notifications should appear on your device when it's near your phone (about 30 feet). If notifications are delayed or missing, see My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone​.

STEP 3. TURN ON THE DEVICE'S NOTIFICATION SETTING

Blaze, Charge 2, Ionic, Versa, and Surge have a Notification setting on the device. To verify that it's on:

• Blaze—Hold the top right button for 3 seconds.
  • Charge 2—On the clock screen, press and hold the button.
  • Ionic & Versa—Press and hold the back button and swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Make sure you can receive notifications from your phone.
  • Surge—Swipe the touchscreen until you get to the Settings menu, then find Notifications. 

Notifications should appear on your device when it's near your phone (about 30 feet). If notifications are delayed or missing, see My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone​.

Best Answer

Receiving text notifications but still unable to receive email notifications..  Text notifications are sporadic at best.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm. I don't think e-mail notifications are possible at all - never got such

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Randijaa!  Found that out a little while ago.  Appreciate the response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BassAce68 with most of the email apps you should be able to receive notification email through an iOS device. .Which email app do you use? 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue, I use the iOS mail app.  It's got my work email as well as two personal email boxes attached.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying for a week to get text messages , and at last thanks to this post it now works.

Thank you so much  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got the ionic watch and just found out to turn on notifications you
have to hold button in on left and swipe left to turn them on. Watched a
video but he neglected to tell to hold in button. I may be the only one to
miss this but not likely.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have suddenly lost notifications for text-messages. I don't know why. (Happened last day) Have checked that everything is ON. I get notification for phone-calls - but not for text-messages. I have the iPhone 6s. Anybody knows something here?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Easy fix, hopefully. Try holding your home button to make sure
notifications are turned on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it is sorted out now, by itself. It just had a sort of whim. Of course Notifications are ON. I had the phone calls showing up, but not the text-messages. I did everything on and off, and here and there and everywhere - something must have helped - it works again

Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome.... sometimes they have minds of their own😀😅
Best Answer
0 Votes

He.He. yes exactly - strong wills, but mostly tame and well behaved

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues. I’ve even deleted my Fitbit from my phone & reinstalled. I’m still not get notifications of texts or calls to my Fitbit. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold the button on the side for about 5 seconds

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Kerri, have you ever tried a chat with the Fitbit support folks? They
are very helpful, I have been in touch regarding my ionic. Good luck, I’m
sure you have held the button and checked to see if notifications are
turned on. Try a chat...Aldine
Best Answer
0 Votes