Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 tracking too many steps when I'm swinging my hands

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I’m working as a cashier. Long days with a lot of movement but also many hours sitting down behind the register. I’ve noticed that I’m getting steps as I swing my hands scanning customers items. I wonder if I can put my Fitbit in my pocket and get the steps I actually take 😅

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In addition to @HeydyF's explanation, I would add, if you leave it in your pocket you will generally get good step count, though of course you will not get heart rate data.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @Noitani, it is great to see new members around! Let me ask you this, in which hand are you wearing your Charge 2? I'm asking because when you use it on your dominant hand, since is the hand that you use the most, it will recognize most of the movement of your hands as steps. Also, I'd like you to review your personal settings as your height and weight, that this information was correctly added 'cause that also interferes with your steps tracked. For further information about how Charge 2 tracks your steps, please take a look at this post, which has a very detailed explanation about it. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition to @HeydyF's explanation, I would add, if you leave it in your pocket you will generally get good step count, though of course you will not get heart rate data.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi there!
I wear my Fitbit on my non-dominant hand. But that does not matter, as we have registers going both left and right. my weight and hight is updated.
But I tried to keep my Fitbit in my pocket and it worked like a charm.
Thank you so much for your reply!
Best regards, Helena 🤗

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Noitani, thanks for your reply! As my friend @JohnnyRow mentioned, wearing your Charge 2 on your pocket is also a great alternative to avoid it will count extra steps. 

Keep us posted if you have further questions! 😉 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

charge 2 is tracking too many steps. It’s set for dominant hand. Today it tracked 50 steps when I only walked less than 30, it tracked 10 when I moved my hand.  Putting it in my pocket is not an option.

Best Answer
0 Votes