Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 water resistance level

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hey there,so I just purchased the charge 2 and as someone who works in a bar I was wondering the level of water acceptability.Ive read other forums saying it's water resistant which I'm aware is different than waterproof.So should I be able to wash my hands a lot and be doing dishes or no?
Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

@Karma21  here is a link to a thread from a moderator explaining this: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Is-Charge-2-Waterproof/m-p/1535757#M15

Maybe that will help - 

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
Thank you but it still doesn't answer my question.Ive been scouring the threads but no answer yet.Theres a rating on water resistance electronics but I can't find one for the charge 2.Showering and washing your hands are two different things.Thankbtiu for your help tho!
Best Answer
0 Votes
while I understand what your saying, fitbit has not posted a rating, but simply has stated what you have read.
Best Answer
Ok,I figured because as of yet I've seen nothing about their rating yet I believe the blaze or charge hr had one but that's irrelevant.I guess I'm hoping a Fitbit admin will be able to answer lol.Thank you though
Best Answer
0 Votes
I work in utilities and spend a lot of time around a water treatment plant. I am constantly splashing water on my Charge2 and wash my hands a dozen times or more a day while working. So far I've not had any adverse effects on my tracker (knock on wood 😀).
Best Answer
Thank you!!!Im working tomorrow and no feel more secure wearing my Fitbit!Thanks again
Best Answer

I've accidentally brought it into the shower with me a few times and mine still works perfectly fine, im not saying its water proof, but it can handle a good amount.

Best Answer

I actually wore mine into a pool and kept it underwater for about 5 minutes before realizing I had it on. 😄

I got out and wiped it dry and it worked perfectly. 🙂

Best Answer

I'm super careful about getting it wet.. like sometimes water drips on it and doesn't harm it at all but I wouldn't risk it as much as possible. Even sweat can throw off the sensors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accidentally went to the bottom of an 8 foot pool with it on and it still works fine

Best Answer

I had mine 1 foot under water for about 10 min while in a lazy river pool and guiding my son around. 

I also swam with mine one lap at a YMCA pool. I DONT THINK you should worry.

Best Answer

Fitbit says it’s sweat proof and any amount of sweat you can throw at it is fine. I rinse mine weekly under tap and no problems.  Others on this post have swam accidentally with it. It similar to iPhone. They are waterproof. But if water is forced towards them they can leak. So you can dunk in water bowl and leave it for days. But if you spray a hose at it it may leak. 

Best Answer

I have had my Fitbit Charge 2 Hr for 2 years, I was under the impression it was waterproof when I purchased it, I have swam an done water aerobics 5 days a week, I have also showered and washed dishes with it on. I only remove to change band. I also went scuba diving down about 60 ft and it worked at that depth and now for months after. I love it and when it dies I will purchase another. 

Best Answer

Considering that tgeretis no legal definition for the term "waterproof" when it comes to watches, Being able to dive as deep as you do, you should be aware of water resitant ratings. 

Best Answer

Received some days ago as a gift from dear old friend. Very strange that : on the  box,  external package , of charge 2 is written "water resistant" (this is the reason my friend choose this model), and the fitbit site, after registration, warns you not to wear during shower.

Nowadays also smartphones can be put into water and this device no? After a run on the mountains, how can I refresh my face taking water from a small river, with hands? Or in heavy rain, do I have to put charge 2 into my pants?

I am very disappointed because there is evident difference between "water resistant" on the box and the real and confident use I can do. When I run I want to keep my mind free, and don't worry about the humidity limit of the charge 2.

Very sad because my friend is sure he made a perfect and water resistant gift, and I cannot change or give back to shop the charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am aware that the charge is not the ideal diving watch, that was an error on my part, I am so used to wearing it for all my activities I simply forgot to take it off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the box is written "water resistant". Even a cheap, basic watch or device "water resistant" is meant to get wet. 

The description on the box is different on what you find in the site-care and maintenance-.

This uncorrect description could cause (in my case: caused) a misunderstanding.

If the developers are runners outdoor, they surely know what I mean.

If they runs only at the gym, with air conditioning and gator..de, and safe box in fitting rooms, where store charge 2, before getting showers, well I understand their mistake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A casual dip in the water wholewwashing hands should not be a problem. 

Showers could be a problem since the water is at a higher pressure since it is being forced through jets .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accidentally wore mine in the Atlantic ocean for 20 min or so, underwater and against crashing wave after wave. And shockingly it’s completely fine!

I’ve also submerged it in dish water at work a few times & still works 100%. 

Best Answer