Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had the Charge 2 for maybe 30 days.  Noticed last night that nothing was coming up and the phone said the battery was dead.  Forgot to take the charging cable to work so started charging after dinner.  Was on the charger for a bit and noticed that it still was unresponsive.  I plugged it into the phone charger for a bit and let it charge.  Still nothing.

Did some research and saw the hold for four seconds so tried that.  Got the logo, a shake and it looked good.  Clicked again and got the battery symbol with nothing so I let it sit and charge. 

Checked a while later and now the battery was full, but with hashed lines.  Reset it again and now the battery was empty again.  Repeated several times.

Tried the chat line for support and got bounced and then dropped with a message that they were closed.  Will call tomorrow.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
50 REPLIES 50

@LindaGinNevada wrote:

I did try his charger and it's exactly the same as mine.  The device just shows the iphone graphic imae with the Fitbit app centered on it and underneath it is a scrolling www.fitbit.com/setup.  The device has paired with my iphone and my computer, and I've been able to set a different time face, etc., but it won't let me finish the setup because it says I need an update (on my phone), but tells me I can't continue because the Fitbit doesn't have much charge.  When I check its status on the dashboard, it shows the Charge 2 as  completely out of charge, since I can't charge it

Hey did you resolve this problem . I recieved my device today set it up it wouldnt let me update as low battery. Its completely dead. Nothing is happening . I have plugged it in. Nothing !!! Gutted 😓😓😓

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was the same. Tried various chargers to no avail. Then tried my iPhone charger with the Fitbit lead and bingo. The iPhone charger puts out the same voltage but has more power. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try an iPhone charger with the Fitbit lead.  Worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i bought new Fitbit charge 2 from Curry London and opened the box when I landed back in Saudi Arabia. As I connected the charger with Computer, I got phone icon as well Fitbit.com/support line but no battery icon.

i left it there for couple of hours and now it's completely dead. No sign no vibration. I change the computer as well. Kindly help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm annoyed.  Just received 11/21/17 the charge 2 and vibrates upon connection, but won't chage.  it also looks super huge!!!  not attractive for a petite female.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to contact support they will replace with a brand new one. Have you tried to update the app and fireware on your phone ?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Update? I just bought it. No thanks. Will buy another brand. What a hassle!
Best Answer
0 Votes

They will send you another next day !! I love mine its really good 

Best Answer

I had the same exact experience of seeing the battery icon and it didn't charge... turned it off and on ... it didn't charge... It's also Monday!  Lgerm and I must be linked with bad karma...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody

I’ve just joined the fitbit comunitiy and I have a problem that I’m struggling with.

My chrger 2 won’t charge!!!! After I synced it to my Ipad I’ve realized it’s not charged so I used my PCs USB port to charge it but it didnt work, used the wallcharger still nothin’... I even tried my power bank but nothing happned 😩

I’m so upsettttt...

What am I suposed ti do?

thanks in advanse for everything

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @Fatemeh_RF

I merged your post over to this thread. Please some of the solutions that people have already posted. 

@ACG

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

Hey everyone, thanks for all of your reports about this issue! 

@ftbittoohuge @charandy @Fatemeh_RF

If you haven't already I recommend restarting your trackers by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If that doesn't get your Charge 2 charging, then I recommend checking out this article for further troubleshooting: Why isn't my battery charging?

Also, for charging best practices see: How do I charge my Fitbit device?

Good luck and keep me posted! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

It kind of sucks when you charge your charge 2 overnight, get to work only to find that the thing didn't even charge. I lined up the pins and plugged it in assuming that it would charge. I never had an issue with the old fitbit charge. Why is this charge 2 so ahrd to charge up? This isn't first time this happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My charge 2 didnt charge and i messaged support who sent me a new one this is my 3rd one

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything (holding button for 4 seconds/20 seconds), ensuring that clip is placed properly, tried charging by UL and laptop port. Nothing works. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marre Fitbit:

I'm having similar problems 

Changed ports no change

Brand new so I'm not sure "dirty" is the problem

Charger connects properly as the device does vibrate when connected

How in the hell does one turn off or restart?

These blogs have been very poor in communicating how to work the device

Best Answer
0 Votes

One thing I didn't post last time, there is a funny little icon with the text www.fitbit.com/setup scrolling beneath.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's go to the help docs. 

How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Troubleshoot a problematic device by turning it off and then back on
Best Answer
You need to go onto fitbit support they eill send you a new one

Best Answer

I’m having the same issues. I have loved my fitbits! All of them but they just don’t seem to last. It’s very frustrating. Uno?, the one that hangs from you belt loop, I can’t even remember the one after that one then a Blaze and now my Charge 2. It’s very frustrating. My Charge 2 is only a few months old. I have done the troubleshooting thing and will give them a call tomorrow. It’s really aggravating though.

Best Answer
0 Votes