Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't connect to the fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So My dashboard was not updating with today's information for the last 5 days. Since Monday I have synced numerous time but it still doesn't show info.

I have tried restarting charge 2, forced closed the app but nothing works. So I unpaired the device from the fitbit and now it wont connect.

Can anyone help me with this issue.

Screenshot_20170311-102151.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your app would have told you when the tracker last synced. 

A couple things to try. 

Let's unpair the tracker from the phone by going into The Bluetooth settings and removing the Charge 2.

Then shutdown the phone if it still won't setup. 

We need to first reconnect the tracker to your account so that the app can pair the tracker to your phone. 

For future reference removing the tracker from the app simply is telling Fitbit you don't want to use the tracker anymore. This could also be done through the Web.  It will not fix a sync problem and you won't be able to set it up until the sync problem is fixed. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the forums! Great to have you here!

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help
Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Would love to see you around the discussion forums! Lots going on!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted it 3 times as you said but it still wont connect. It shows as "We found your tracker!" but post that it won't connect.

Best Answer

Your app would have told you when the tracker last synced. 

A couple things to try. 

Let's unpair the tracker from the phone by going into The Bluetooth settings and removing the Charge 2.

Then shutdown the phone if it still won't setup. 

We need to first reconnect the tracker to your account so that the app can pair the tracker to your phone. 

For future reference removing the tracker from the app simply is telling Fitbit you don't want to use the tracker anymore. This could also be done through the Web.  It will not fix a sync problem and you won't be able to set it up until the sync problem is fixed. 

Best Answer

Hi Rich,

The solution you suggested worked like a charm. I unpaired the tracker from Bluetooth and went through the set up again through the app and now all the data is now in place.

Thank you for your help. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SKI27 wrote:

So My dashboard was not updating with today's information for the last 5 days. Since Monday I have synced numerous time but it still doesn't show info.

I have tried restarting charge 2, forced closed the app but nothing works. So I unpaired the device from the fitbit and now it wont connect.

Can anyone help me with this issue.

Screenshot_20170311-102151.png

Hello. Your solution still did not work for me. I removed the device, power cycled my phone, but it still did not find my fitbit charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanielC81 the person your responding to I'd not give a solution. 

Since your asking about a sync problem, it would be helpful to know which phone is being used to sync through. Do you only sync through one device? 

Did you only remove the tracker from the phone and not from the Fitbit account through the Fitbit app. .

Check for phone and Fitbit updates? 

Killed the Fitbit app? 

Restarted the phone? 

I think the above will pertain to all phones. 

In android I find it useful to clear up memory, and the Fitbit cache. Swipe unneeded apps from memory. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exact same problem.. I have tried all solutions and it still wont connect to fitbit app.. Did you ever get it solved? Still trying on my end. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And know how f the tips I posted above helped @Skeets07?

Is the charge to still connected to your Fitbit account or was it removed this would add problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the tips... It works 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

So how do you fix the sync problem if you can’t add your charge 2 to the Fitbit app? I’m having this particular issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@a_elliott18 if your on android, I would follow the above tips posted in thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes