Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't connect with new kindle fire

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Okay, I've read the forum "help"..... Let me begin with the kindle fire DOES have blue tooth capability and mine has always hooked up nicely with all of my other blue tooth devices.  In fact, I had my scales AND my fitbit hooked up to my last kindle fire and had no difficulties whatsoever.

Now however, I just acquired the BRAND SPANKING NEW kindle fire (newest generation with all of the bells and whistles) and it will NOT connect with my fitbit or scales.  What gives?  This is most disconcerting, since it has been doing just fine with the older model.

Who changed what?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@LissaC123,

Turn off any other devices that may be using Bluetooth (old Kindle Fire, phones, computers, etc.).  Try again.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LissaC123 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 isn't syncing with your new Kindle fire tablet. Your tablet isn't a compatible device so I can't guarantee it will work or work without issues. Like @PureEvil said you can verify that no other bluetooth device is nearby as they may cause interference. Also on your previous tablet remove all devices listed in the bluetooth settings area. Remember that you will need to have location Services (GPS) on and check the apps permissions (settings > Apps > Fitbit > permissions).

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Thank you!  I've tried about everything when I stumbled upon "success".....Sort of....While looking for a log in (to log out and re log in), I found "sync".  I synced the new kindle and voila, everything worked..... sort of.  The kindle still says it doesn't recognize the fitbit, but the app is working anyway.  Weird, huh?
Best Answer

@LissaC123 sorry for the delay in my reply. Thank you so much for the update. The sync process is done via the Fitbit app so this is why the bluetooth area may not work. Really happy to hear that in the end you were able to sync your tracker and thank you for sharing your experience.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is a Fitbit Charge 2...and I have an App on my Kindle Fire for it which has worked perfectly since last July 2018... Only NOW is it playing up with synchronising...Why? What has changed? My iphone 4 is not compatible (too old, wrong, ancient O.S.), but my wife's works fine with an iphone SE....We have a Virging Hub, with brilliant wifi and 100 mbps broadband. What's not to like? Mind you, my job was electronics engineer, and although I have been retired 10 years, this sort of faffing does not surprise me at all. Digital signalling has always been fickle!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got it to connect. It is like gremlins. I had to physically go into the app and force it to reconnect/reboot itself and then wait. It fixed itself somehow by the next day. As I say....gremlins. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally got it to update itself - had to clear ALL open apps and pages, and switch off completely to sort-of reboot. After 2 minutes, as I was watching it get it wrong again...it loaded the FitBit data correctly. Phew. Moral - don't tax the processor with open pages when synchronising! Thanks for the help guys.

Best Answer
0 Votes