Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't display text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since I got my fitbit Charge 2, text messages have never displayed.  I can see that I have a text message, but not the message itself.  I never thought anything of it because I thought that was normal.  Today, I found out that my friend with the same kind of fitbit is able to read her text messages. I don't know what to do to fix it.  All of my notifications and permissions are enabled to receive them.  I also just upgraded my phone from the Samsung S7 to the S9+ and still doesn't work.  Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
75 REPLIES 75

Welcome to the Forums @aprilb123

Thanks for sharing your inquiry, let me help you out. You mentioned that now you're using the Galaxy S9, I've checked on the compatible devices list and is not listed as a compatible device, however you can attempt following the instructions below:

• Start by going to your Bluetooth settings
  • Tap on Charge 2 and select on forget this device 
  • Then follow these instructions to setup the notifications again

I also moved you post to the Charge 2 board since it's more related to the Charge 2 board since it's more related to your inquiry. 

Let  me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thank you.  My phone does work with fitbit. It was a setting in my text messages that I had turned off.  Once I turned on message preview, it worked. 

Best Answer

Hi there @aprilb123! Sorry for the delayed response! 

I'm glad to hear that you're back on track. Smiley Happy Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tipsrecipes and more! Give it a look!

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where and what notification did you change?  I've looked both in the app and online.  I can't find where I've got something turned off.  I only see new message alert, it doesn't display the text.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi...Here are the steps I took to turn on the ability to preview messages.  I originally had it off so that when a text message came in, it would not display the actual message on my Samsung phone, for privacy, but doing that prevented messages from displaying on my Fitbit and smart watch. 

1. Open your text messages

2. Tap 3 dots menu button at top right select Settings

3. Tap Notifications

4. Tap More Settings in App

5. Turn on Preview Message

Hope that helps! That's all I did and now I can read text messages on my Fitbit.

Best Answer

IT WAS A PHONE SETTING!!!  I'm sorry, in all these comments I thought it was a fitbit setting.  Thanks for your help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome! Took a while, but finally a Fitbit customer rep told me to do that...so easy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for your answer!  Your answer was way more helpful than anything from Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're welcome! Glad I could help
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome! Glad I could help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

Any other ideas on how to fix being able to see text messages on the watch?

Mine have always worked and recently stopped displaying the actual message, but will show the sender's name.

I've tried the settings that helped April out, I've uninstalled/reinstalled, resynced.. done everything I can think of. I love my Fitbit!

Any suggestions would be wonderful, thank you in advance!

Keli

Best Answer

By the way, I have a Samsung S9 Edge. And have for a year now.

😄

Best Answer

Mine worked fine also until this last update. It still tells me the sender but doesn't give the message any more.

Best Answer
Daaaang.. I thought that might be the case. Thanks for letting me know!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Darn, I thought that might be the case. Really disheartening. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue and I thought I was going crazy. Glad that's not the case, but wish we could still read the messages.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  Just recently started on my Charge 2

Best Answer

Not that this is helpful for you, but I am also suddenly having this problem. Was working fine up until maybe a week ago? I have not intentionally changed any settings on my phone (galaxy s8) or charge 2. Kinda bummed.

Best Answer

Same issue which started a little over a week ago Frustrating especially since this was one of the reasons I purchased the charge 2.

Best Answer