Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't display text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since I got my fitbit Charge 2, text messages have never displayed.  I can see that I have a text message, but not the message itself.  I never thought anything of it because I thought that was normal.  Today, I found out that my friend with the same kind of fitbit is able to read her text messages. I don't know what to do to fix it.  All of my notifications and permissions are enabled to receive them.  I also just upgraded my phone from the Samsung S7 to the S9+ and still doesn't work.  Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
75 REPLIES 75

My text messages are displaying now however the caller ID is wrong. It is no longer correctly tracking the flights of stairs climbed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My text messages are also fixed, but caller ID is incorrect. I am not sure if it is correctly tracking sets of stairs.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • i still don't get text messages and I don't get the header info either.  I can't restart my fitbit now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

i am having the same problem with my Charge 2.  After reading and trying everything, nothing worked.  I haven't had an update on the fitbit app recently, so I went into the playstore and checked for updates.  There was one, after I updated the app, I started getting messages again!  Go to Playstore app, click on the 3 bars in the search box. Click on My "apps & games". Apps ready for Updates will show there. Click on FitBit  and update.  After that I turned the Bluetooth off and then on again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you get the correct name when you receive a phone call?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine shows the wrong name on incoming calls.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No.  Mine is showing the previous caller now.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
So does mine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just checked for phone calls,...I am getting the previous caller's name on my Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

No that's still not working right

Best Answer
0 Votes
yes i do 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the samething. I have unpaired and paired multiple times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have traded my fitbit in for a samsung galaxy watch and haven't looked back. I'll never buy another fitbit product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine finally started displaying my messages again within the last few weeks after another update. That was super irritating! Hopefully everyone else's will start working again soon!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started working again after this last update!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is finally showing notifications of texts and phone calls.

Best Answer
0 Votes