Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't hold a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As the subject says, my 7 year old Charge 2 is only holding a charge suddenly for about 3 hours when just 2 days ago it was holding for about a day.  I'm now wondering about replacements.  The features I use and like with the Charge 2 are: sleep tracking, heart tracking, step tracking, calorie & food tracking (burned, eaten, left in the day) readable screen (simple, not obnoxious like the screens all look now on the shopping pages), useable with android, ability to use without touching the screen (like with button on side like the Charge 2 to avoid accidental triggers and setting changes), narrow size, and works with android.  The size in particular is a big deal as I'm petite, anything bigger doesn't fit and therefore wouldn't connect or work properly.  As it is I have to wear my Charge 2 in line with my wrist bone with the strap over it (not an inch above it like recommended) because my arms are not straight, flat sticks like the average person, but increase in diameter from wrist up to elbow.

I was looking at the Charge 6 and Inspire 3, but have seen so many reviews of them dying almost immediately, and the Charge 6 is so incredibly expensive, and the screens on both in the advertising pictures are horrendously unreadable with the abstract artwork style, that I'm not sure there's anything that'll work for me anymore.  This is disappointing as, with my neurodivergence (adhd, dyslexia, hsp) and needing to keep track of things to try to lose weight, I'm feeling like nothing will replace the Charge 2.  I'm also debating because the changes in the app have made it very difficult to use and find anything I need (the old app was so much better and pleasing to the eye and brain).

Any ideas would be appreciated, even if other brands and other apps (that I don't know about).  Thank you in advance.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Vtel. A warm welcome to the community forums.

Thank you for taking the time to share all your expectations regarding a new Fitbit device.

I'd suggest you take a look at this help article which includes tips to perform the battery life on the device. 

In addition, I invite you to visit the official website of Fitbit retailers where you will find devices such as the Charge 5 that has a price lower than Charge 6 but has the features you mentioned.

Best Answer
0 Votes