Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't pair to iPhone X

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got an iPhone X today and the phone cannot find the Charge 2 tracker. I have turned off my iPhone (bluetooth off) and turned it back on, turned bluetooth on/off, restarted my fitbit tracker, "forgot" the device from my old phone, turned my old phone off and it still can't find the device. I'm told the iPhone X is not compatible with the fitbit trackers at this point...is this true? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @kliegz, hope you're doing great today! Thanks for already troubleshooting this setup issue, nice way to go! Man Very Happy Is your Charge 2 still not pairing to your iPhone X?

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below:

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone or tablet's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Fitbit app is running the latest version
  • The software on your phone is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > Bluetooth.

If you're still unable to set up, try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Restart your Charge 2 again. 
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet.
  8. Try setting up your device again.
  9. If you can't set up after removing all other Fitbit devices, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

PS: The iPhone X is compatible with the Fitbit app. You can see it added in our list of supported devices by clicking here

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

No matter what I do (Even with Fitbit on the phone) It will not pair. Fit bit says to call back in one or two hours. This has gone on for six months. It will not work with the iPhone X. Fit bit is selling faulty product.

Best Answer

Purchased for Christmas of 2017 when I was using an android phone. Switched phones and got a replacement charge2. Have never been able to connect the charge2 To the iPhone X. Even deleted my Fitbit account and opened up a new account. This is my sixth fit bit. And it will be my last because of customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Purchased for Dec of 2017 when I was using an android phone. Switched phones and got a replacement charge2. Have never been able to connect the charge2 To the iPhone X. Even deleted my Fitbit account and opened up a new account. This is my sixth fit bit. And it will be my last because of customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all the things submitted by this customer and by the moderator and I still can't get the fitbit to pair with my iPhone X

Best Answer

Just out of interest what is the firmware number? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a new iPhone X in December and have been unsuccessful in getting it to pair with my FitBit Charge HR.  I've tried several times, keep getting frustrated and give up.  I have done everything suggested here.  Has ANYONE been successful in getting this to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I am also in the same boat and have tried 2 new pebbles.  It still does not work.  I am done with Fitbit and have moved on to the Apple Watch 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got mine to pair. The charge 2 will only pair with one device at a time.  When I set it up I did so on my iPad, when I tried to pair with my phone it wouldn’t. When I removed the pairing from my iPad it paired right up with my phone.

@Grumpy1209 wrote:

I've done all the things submitted by this customer and by the moderator and I still can't get the fitbit to pair with my iPhone X

Best Answer
0 Votes

Grumpy1209 got me on the right track. Surprising that this technical error is still an issue. 

Anyway, I needed to unpair the Fitbit watch from my last phone. Then, I restarted the watch (uncertain that was necessary). At that point pairing with the Apple->Bluetooth app on the new phone didn’t work, because the Fitbit device isn’t visible. Instead, open the Fitbit app on the new phone and they magically find each other and sync.

Best Answer

I had to unpair from my old phone, uninstall the app, on the I-phone x, turned bluetooth off. Turned the phone off. Left for five minutes, turned the phone on, turned bluetooth on,reinstalled the app, then logged in and it finally paired my device. A hassle for sure. But now done and working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also reset device just to be sure, every step was done.

Best Answer
0 Votes