Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync after battery died

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 died for the first time Thursday night and now won't sync. I've un paired the charge 2 and paired it again and that didn't work. Restarted my phone, restarted my charge 2, deleted and reinstalled the app, I've also tried adding the device again in the app but it won't let me. Not sure what to do. 

My phone is android

Galaxy s6

Fitbit is version 22.22.48.14

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the forums! Great to have you here!

Did you do a restart on the unit it self?

Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help
Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Hope to see you around the forums more! Check out the discussion Forums some great topic to contribute to!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Red3 I hope you're doing well! Did you restart your tracker 3 times like @WendyB said? You could try removing your tracker from your phone's bluetooth list and retry the setup or use a computer running Windows 10 or Mac and install the Fitbit software to setup up your tracker with it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here 😞 done all of that, tweeted support Sunday, still waiting on help 😞 only had it for a month, really not impressed!!

Best Answer

@Kellsangel Thanks for joining us! Do you see your Charge 2 listed on your account? It could be that it was removed from it and if this is the case it won't sync until you have set it up again. To do this go to Account then tap on add new device (you may need to restart your tracker before doing the setup) and follow the instructions.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep done all that, have managed to set it up on the laptop. I downloaded the app for windows 10. Still wont work or set up on phone despite trying all the options 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get a resolution?  Thinking about upgrading to a Versa, but i am too worried. I want to get my Charge 2 working first.

Best Answer

@Bombgrade Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear about your issues with your tracker not syncing and for the delay in my response. Have you tried the suggestions listed in this thread? If you haven't please do so and let me know how your tracker respond to them.

I look forward to your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try restarting fitbit charge 2. It's easy just connect it to the charger and press the bottom on the Fitbit for 10 secs till the logo appears.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those who may visit this thread in the future with similar pairing & syncing issues ...

Issue Description:

The Fitbit Charge 2 tracker ran out of battery and stayed dead for quite some time. After charging it back, the tracker is not syncing with the app. Restarting the tracker didn't help. So you have unpaired the tracker (i.e., removed it from your account) from the app. But when you tried to pair it back, the pairing keeps getting failed most likely after entering the code into app.

If this describes the issue you are facing with your Charge 2 then please check if the fix shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRWh3d3wrYc helps !!!

In short, assuming that the pairing is failing due to an incompatible android version (due to android updates), the goal is to ...

1. First, try to pair your tracker with your account in Fitbit app on some other mobile with compatible android version.

2. If pairing is successful then sync the tracker and the app on the same mobile.

3. Once syncing is done, unpair your tracker from the Fitbit app.

4. Now try to pair your tracker with Fitbit app on your original mobile and see if it works.

Please watch this video for one of the ways to fix the issue of your Fitbit Charge 2 not getting paired back to Fitbit android app after unpairing it. One of the reasons that may result in this pairing issue is that your Charge 2 tracker ran out of battery and was dead for quite some time before ...
Best Answer
0 Votes