Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't update firmware version

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I am having trouble with my new Charge 2. I was working through the set up, when I got a message to update my tracker. Set it going, dotted line across the screen. After a minute or so, a white dot with exclamation mark in it comes up. Then get a pink banner with Try again? on my phone. I can't get anything other than web address for set up on the screen either, tried pushing button and tapping the screen. Seems to work, as steps are available on my phone. Has firmware 22.22.20.17 installed. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @dodgeforce! First of all, make sure that your tracker is charged, since a firmware update can take several minutes and is demanding on the battery. Plus, make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date, if you're on Android phone the version app should be on 2.63 and for iOS it should be on 2.44.2

To initiate the update:

1. With your charged tracker nearby, open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap the pink arrow next to the tracker name at the top of the screen. If you don't see an arrow, no update is available.
  3. Follow the prompts onscreen and keep the tracker close to the mobile device during the update. If the update is slow, don't remove your tracker from your account as a troubleshooting measure.

If the update process won't start or if it starts and then stops, try these steps:

1. Restart your Charge 2. 
  2. Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, reboot your mobile device and try the update again.
  3. Try the firmware update again. If it doesn't work, on a different mobile device or computer (if available) log into your Fitbit account and try updating your firmware.

Note that if you get notifications from your mobile device on your tracker, before you can use a different device or computer you need to follow the instructions I shared here.

Give this a go and let me know if that works! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  I have tried two Android phones (Nougat) and a Windows 10 tablet.  I just cannot get past the updating.  Installed reinstalled, rebooted, restarted, etc. check with all recommendation found online and even contacted tech support.  A new pebble still had the same problem.  Bluetooth is strong as well as Wifi connection.  The dreaded white circle with the black exclamation mark!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem too. I've been trying to update it since yesterday lunch time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What I found is that the app is very finicky. The Android phones were Honor
6x phones and the Win 10 basic is on a Lenovo MIIX 700. The apps did not
work on these devices. However, I tried it on a Surface 3 with windows 10
basic and it was able to update. Go figure?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @KB0X, thanks for stopping by!  @usarmy-vet72 has pointed something out that's very important to know. Is your mobile device or computer included in our list of supported devices?

The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. There are some users who can synchronize with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), that would be an explanation of why you have been able to sync your Charge 2.

Note that if the tracker gets to sync, we don't guarantee that the functionality will be optimum as we are still testing on this phone model.

If the Firmware update is still not moving forward, please let's try the following once more:

1. Restart your Charge 2. 
  2. Reboot your mobile device and try the update again.
  3. If it doesn't work, on a different mobile device or computer (if available) log into your Fitbit account and try updating your firmware. Please use a compatible device for this.

Do not forget that before you can use a different device or computer you need to follow the instructions I shared here.

If the issue persists, please let me know what operating system is your phone running (ie iOS 10.2, Android Marshmallow, etc)? And the model of your device. Robot Very Happy Looking forward to your response! 

Hey you @usarmy-vet72, thanks for letting us know what worked for you. I'm glad to hear you're back on track now. 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having trouble getting the updated firmware for .my charge 2 to work...same problem as others have posted. What is the remedy? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is compatible and it still wont update. I have a samsung note 9

Best Answer

I had same problem, i uninstalled the app then installed it again and it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you manage to get your firmware updated ?

I have a Samsung note9  too and have tried and tried to update the firmware on a new fitbit charge 2   which is replacing a damaged one   I have done everything and fitbit now say they cant help    

Best Answer
0 Votes