Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 wristband problem

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Band keeps detaching from watch - it feels like it snaps back into position but doesn't stay there long - getting scared to wear it now as it keeps falling off - bought in September

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

My strap has started to split mean the small screw no longer bites.  Bodged a fixed with a loop of insulating tape for now while I consider my options.  Two year's usage.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I bought a "universal" one that does carry the Fitbit logo. Working
just fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I found this strap on Amazon and this is the strap FitBit 'should' have made. It fits perfectly and attaches the clip firmly.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CK1VZKX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 >

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just fitted a brand new strap and realised that what possibly caused the old strap to split was that when taking it off to shower / charge etc that you need to be careful not to exert pressure on the strap at the attachment point in the opposite direction to the natural curve of the strap round your wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, this is a fitness tracker - if I have to 'baby' it then it isn't going to do me much good. The replacement strap I listed previously has no such issue - one does not have to treat it in a 'dainty' manner - more like just as one would a watch ! ! ! After all, it does tell the time - I don't think that anyone is going to roughly abuse their Apple watch, or their Citizen, Timex, Fossil, Casio or Seiko. Same goes for the Fitbit. It should be able to stand up to its intended use (and the abuse that accompanies that use). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The difference is that a normal watch uses a spring-bar giving the strap a fuller range of movement as you take it off.  Agree, that it is a design flaw on this device but it only needs "babying" as you take it off, not in normal use.

I would argue that a bigger flaw is that the screen is all too easy to scratch and scuff which is why I cover it with a sports sweat-band when working.to avoid catching it on racking and doorways as I carry things around.  They would do well to look at the Casio G-Shock range of watches to learn a lesson in how to to toughen things up to protect against the real world.

Best Answer
0 Votes