Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 1st 24hrs Like/Want

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my pre-order Friday pm and wearing it since an hour after.  

Haptic vibration is easily felt, stronger than on my Ionic... on both devices, the Normal and Strong settings feel the same.  The Charge 3 alarm awoke me without any problem (the Ionic did too, but this one is notably stonger.

Screen...the larger and touch face screen is a good addition, and while I like the Ionic color screen a lot, the B&W Charge 3 screen has a good resolution with all data easy to read.  The brightness settings are distinctly different and allow you to set it to auto-bright or set it to a constant brightness level. 

Clock faces...ok...they need some work here, as the choices are limited and none of the choices have what I want. What do I want? ... Time (including choice of 24hr time), date, battery level, steps, stairs, heart rate.  When available, O2 sat.  Don't care if I have to swipe to see calories or distance.  IDEALLY...all faces would show date and time in user's format selection, then let us select which 5 or 6 stats we want to see at a glance. 

Strap...acceptable as a backup...have already ordered it's replacement...like that they included small and large straps so everyone will get a correct size without guessing...especially important for those on the cusp between sizes. 

Oh...wore it on the exercise bike last night...yes, it worked wells and kept accurate count on my ankle...HR worked about the same (on inside of ankle) as cycling with it on my wrist (when it counted no steps). 

I have Ionic for built-in GPS but Charge 3 will connect to phone GPS, so am covered with either.

Overall, very pleased...just waiting (still) for O2 activation and need better clock faces (they will come).

UPDATE:  23 Oct 2018

It was with great sadness that I returned the Charge 3 today.  As much as I loved the hardware, I equally hated the poor software. The worst problems were that it had no useful clock faces and that you couldn't set the alarm from the device. So unfortunate...great hardware submarined by ho-hum software. 

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Great to hear good reviews thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, happy to read this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Viello wrote:

Overall, very pleased...just waiting (still) for O2 activation and need better clock faces (they will come).

Oh it's active all right. They've been collecting the O2 data since the first oxygen sensors came out years ago. It's just that we can't use it yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the review!! So can we have the Ionic AND charge three connected to our account/iPhone at the same time, or do we have to choose?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, you can have multiple devices on your account and use any of them.

Currently I have a Zip, Ionic and Charge 3 all connected. 

(Have a One which I can't find but it registered as having no battery power, so is somewhere in the house... grin.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cheers! Was checking as you can't have Versa and Ionic at the same time.  Good to know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently Fitbit decided you can't have 2 "smartwatch" devices on one account...both Ionic and Versa are designated as smartwatches.  But you can have multiple Trackers (everything else) or one Smartwatch plus multiple Trackers on one account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I'm cheating because I'm not 24 hours in...but I have some first impressions.

For starters, and a big deal to me...text notifications...the sender name is a very dull white/gray and the message is very bright white/gray.  At the absolute very least I would want it the other way...sender dark and message light.  I would also like the option to turn OFF the message altogether on the device (changing this setting via web is fine, just like the Charge 2), but in return I'd like the sender name to be larger print.  I've got 50 year old eyes now and so I have cheaters all over the darn place, but I don't need them for distance, just up close stuff (i.e. reading).  So "glancing" at the Charge 3, most of the time, is frustrating...I could get by on the Charge 2.  

So that leads to a general statement...I'd love to see an "old fart" option where I can opt into larger fonts and brightness of text.  I personally would be willing to give up having 2 stats per screen, or 2 anything per screen, in lieu of one per screen with a larger font.

The auto pause feature does not recognize walking or hiking as exercises that are available for auto pause.  In fact nothing I set up in my shortcuts are recognized.  I believe this is probably just a "bug fix".  

I'd like the ability to turn off the relax function...don't use it, don't need it, don't want to see it.

Timers...set increments only.  I can certainly get by with it, but I was hoping for being able to set specific stuff...I would like to use it for when I'm cooking, for example.  But I realize this is a very nit picky thing.  I use my phone now and am fine continuing to do so, and I haven't checked out if the Charge 3 will be able to alert if an alarm goes off on the phone...if so then problem solved for me.  

The vibration does indeed feel stronger than the Charge 2.

MORE CLOCK FACES for sure!  I miss the one I was using on the Charge 2 already!  I was using the large font w date.  So with that said, I would like to add that a clock face with large font time, date and weather would be nice.  

I haven't had any incoming calls so can't speak to that, but while it was a little inconvenient to see the alerts scroll (including text in that statement), I actually think, for me, it works better because the font is larger overall.

All-in-all I like it but I'm missing some things from the Charge 2.  But I also had an adjustment moving from Alta HR to Charge 2 so I know some of this will be just getting used to things.  But FitBit, hear me now...PLEASE help us folks with older eyes out by making larger font options.  I'd be willing to have to flick through more screens if needed, but for the sake of everyone else, I really think the best approach on that would be to allow an option to turn on/off multi stats on screen and then the font "dynamically" is larger.  Or just a general larger font on/off and formatted screens however it needs to be done to make it work on your end.  At least that would give an option. 

Best Answer

Charge 3 with rose gold Milanese bandCharge 3 with rose gold Milanese band

Looks much nicer with a mesh band. 

Best Answer

To me, being in hidden data collecting mode for Fitbit is not the same as being Active Use For Consumer mode in which we can see our own data...imagine if they collected your Steps data but didn't display it on your Fitbit or app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do the bands for the Charge 2 fit the Charge 3 as well? I don't see a mesh band for the 3 on their store page. Where did you find it? It's super cute.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, Charge 2 and Charge 3 bands are different.

Do a search on Amazon for "Oitom Charge 3 mesh band" ... it shows a silver one, but if you click on it, you then select color and size. I wanted a Strapco band, but they only have one in Silver, so will wait until they do one in rose gold.  Meanwhile the Oitom band, which arrived today, is nice...time will tell about longevity. 

Best Answer

Where can one purchase a band like this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! This is very helpful. Will you post a follow-up review, after some passes, to review the durability?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After some time passes* 

Sorry, forgot a word!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the charge 2 charger work on the charge 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Handed down my Charge 2 so just have the Charge 3... but if I had both, I wouldn't mix chargers.  At the very least, the 2 devices are different widths. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge 2 charger does not work with the Charge 3 and vice versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 bands are not compatible with Charge 3. I've ordered my milanese strap for my Charge 3 from Amazon. Got my Charge 2 straps from there too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes