Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Battery Life drains in one hour

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 3, and ironically (?) after the release of the Charge 4, my battery life goes from 100% to dead within an hour. I’m not typically a conspiracist, but the timing is extremely coincidental. My very dependable Charge 3 is now useless and the irony has completely turned me off on buying another Fitbit device. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you for taking the time to report this. I'd like to let you know that the battery performance can be affected by several factors that we currently have some tips that help to maximize the battery life of your Charge 3. For more information, please visit this link: 

Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

If you have followed all of the tips there and the issue persists, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone and you can click here to get connected. 

Make sure to explain the inconvenience and the tips you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything and even did a complete restart to possibly end anything that might be running in the background that I might be unaware.  Nothing has helped. 

Best Answer

Just as I had guessed!  “Support” contacted me and offered to provide a discount on my purchasing a new device!  But why would I, just to repeat the situation when the next version releases?!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thank you for the update. 

I understand how you feel and I appreciate your feedback. Please note that replacement devices are provided for products that are within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

In regards with your inquiry, battery performance can be affected by several factors and I can't conclude if this will repeat itself using a different one.

See you around.   

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes