Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Bluetooth Pairing failing for notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received a Charge 3 for Christmas which I started wearing on Boxing day, it worked fine for the first few days but I've not received any notifications for messages/phone calls since Tuesday evening.  When I've looked in the app to check the Notification settings haven't somehow changed I have had a message popup stating 'Bluetooth Pairing Required' saying that I need to pair my Charge 3 with my phone (which I had obviously done previously).  After pressing the button to set this up I eventually received an error stating 'Bluetooth Pairing Failed'.  I've checked my Bluetooth settings and my Charge 3 is listed and shows as Connected.

I've seen other topics in here where there were suggestions to remove the Charge from the list of Bluetooth devices, but I'm reluctant to do that since the rest of the features (eg, step tracking) seem to be working fine whereas other people having issues seem to be seen problems with the whole thing.  Any ideas why it might have last the Bluetooth pairing after 6 days of use (but only be impacting Notifications), and how I can link the two back together?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @ceedotdee, it's nice to see you around here! I had a similar inconvenience with my iPhone and my Charge 3 a week ago. I tried the following and it worked:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app 
  3. Tap on Account > Charge 3> Notifications
  4. When a pop-up with a "Bluetooth Pairing Required" message, tap on Set Up and continue.
  5. A new "Bluetooth Pairing Request" will appear, tap on Pair to continue
  6. Once in the Notifications menu, enable the ones you'd like to receive. 
  7. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in History/Notification Center

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Welcome on board @ceedotdee, it's nice to see you around here! I had a similar inconvenience with my iPhone and my Charge 3 a week ago. I tried the following and it worked:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app 
  3. Tap on Account > Charge 3> Notifications
  4. When a pop-up with a "Bluetooth Pairing Required" message, tap on Set Up and continue.
  5. A new "Bluetooth Pairing Request" will appear, tap on Pair to continue
  6. Once in the Notifications menu, enable the ones you'd like to receive. 
  7. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Show in History/Notification Center

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi,

Thanks very much for the help, this has done the trick. I’ll remember this for in future if it happens again!

Thanks!

Best Answer

Thanks, Maria. That worked for me. I hope it keeps pairing. 

Best Answer

I am also having the same problem with my Christmas gift. Apears to disconnect from my Iphone daily. I have resolved the issue each time but see the day before hasnt fully synced. This is time consuming and frustrating to find the records arent being kept or updated.

Best Answer
It is frustrating. But I just kept re-synching and pairing every time I noticed that “pairing failed”. Then, for some strange reason, a few days ago, it just kept connected. No explanation. I hope it continues.

Best Luck
Best Answer

Welcome on board @1loulou! Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 keeps disconnecting from your iPhone. 

If your phone is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously:

• Your Fitbit device might stop syncing or stop receiving notifications.
  • You can experience interruptions with any consistently streaming Bluetooth connection such as headsets, car kits, stereo audio, tethering, and file transfers.

These interruptions are typically caused by operating system and Bluetooth limitations. It's also possible that an app on your phone is causing the issue.

I'd also recommend taking a look: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone.

Hey there @Cypress7! Don't hesitate to let me know if you continue to have issues with your notifications. Glad to hear they're working fine now.

I'll be around, keep me in the loop!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive cleared all the Bluetooth connections on my Iphone. Ive rebooted the Bluetooth connection to Charge 3, Ive rebboted Charge 3, Ive checked my firmware is up to date AND still my data is not synching and hasnt done since March 4th with 19 steps!!!! I have the Charge 3 on all day sync, ive tried switching this off and forcing a sync.

I am finding this all very time consuming and disappointing for somthing that should be simple

Best Answer

Hi there @1loulou, thanks for getting back and for letting me know the outcome! I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I saw that you got in touch with our Customer Support Team after posting here. I'm glad to hear that the issue was solved during your chat. Smiley Very Happy

If you have any questions, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my charge 3 about 4 days ago, same thing started happening yesterday.  I played with it a bunch and finally got it to work.  Wasn't sure what I had done that did the trick.  It started doing it again today, and found your solution.  Worked straight off.  Add me to the list that this is happening too.  At least I now know the quick fix for Fitbit software issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Klay2013! Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided in the Community Forums. I'm glad to hear you're back on track! 

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what changed but for the past few weeks this seems to be working more often than not.  Not every message seems to come through but most of them are making it.  So not 100% there, but definitely a big improvement!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ceedotdee, thanks for coming back! I'm glad to hear your notifications have been working better since a few weeks now. 

Please keep an eye on your Charge 3's behavior and let us know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It finally worked! Dropping it from Bluetooth screen on iPhone first (although I was  afraid it would not show up again) then trying to pair it brought up the missing screen I could never see. Up until then, it was timing out, swirling. I tried everything in the meantime. Thank you so much!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution worked for me too.  In addition to not getting notifications, I could not get it to all D’s sink. It will now. Thanks for the solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @JYY-LA and @Kathleen100! I'm very happy to hear that the steps recommended in this thread have solve the issue with your notifications. Woman Very Happy

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

I hope you guys have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank the heavens, I've been looking through countless forums in search of a solution and I was so close to giving up until I found this more than helpful thread. I appreciate your help I really do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @FitKid10197! I'm sorry for the late response. 

I'm very glad to hear that the steps provided in this thread have solved your issue. Woman Wink I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Thanks for the feedback, I do have a question on how would my charge 3 track my resistance training or even calisthenics, like would it know that I'm doing push-ups or sit-ups? Is that all handled under the "weight" exercise portion? Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @FitKid10197Robot wink

Please note that Fitbit devices use SmartTrack to record your activities automatically. The SmartTrack feature automatically recognizes select exercises to ensure you get credit for your most active moments of the day. 

SmartTrack recognizes continuous, high-movement activities such as:

• Walking
  • Running
  • Outdoor biking
  • Elliptical
  • Swimming (Fitbit Flex 2, Fitbit Ionic, and Fitbit Versa)

It also recognizes two general categories:

• Sport—Includes high-movement sports like tennis, basketball, soccer, and others. Sports that might not be recognized include those without continuous movement or that vary in intensity level, like golf.
  • Aerobic workout—Includes aerobic activities with continuous movement, such as Zumba®, cardio-kickboxing, and other dance classes.

By default, SmartTrack recognizes an exercise that lasts at least 15 minutes and is able to recognize other kind of exercises, such as push ups or sit ups, but will record them as "Workouts", that can later be edited and categorized.

Let me know if you have any questions present.

Best Answer
0 Votes