Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Bluetooth Pairing failing for notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received a Charge 3 for Christmas which I started wearing on Boxing day, it worked fine for the first few days but I've not received any notifications for messages/phone calls since Tuesday evening.  When I've looked in the app to check the Notification settings haven't somehow changed I have had a message popup stating 'Bluetooth Pairing Required' saying that I need to pair my Charge 3 with my phone (which I had obviously done previously).  After pressing the button to set this up I eventually received an error stating 'Bluetooth Pairing Failed'.  I've checked my Bluetooth settings and my Charge 3 is listed and shows as Connected.

I've seen other topics in here where there were suggestions to remove the Charge from the list of Bluetooth devices, but I'm reluctant to do that since the rest of the features (eg, step tracking) seem to be working fine whereas other people having issues seem to be seen problems with the whole thing.  Any ideas why it might have last the Bluetooth pairing after 6 days of use (but only be impacting Notifications), and how I can link the two back together?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

I have tried everything you have suggested but the charge 3 will not connect to bluetooth. It is a piece of junk and I will never buy again. Every message that I have read from everyone has been unhappy with your product. I bought a service plan from walmart and if they do not honor it I will smash it into a million pieces.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not solved Not working Your stupid

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem with this solution, after the latest upgrade, is that after the:"Bluetooth Pairing Required",

there is no new: "Bluetooth Pairing Request".

It never comes.

While deleting the app, removing the Charge 3 from bluetooth devices, reseting the device, and install it all again gives me notifications for a little while, the app states "Bluetooth Pairing Required" next time i check.

This worked fine before the latest update. 

Can Fitbit please fix this soon, since the notifiactions are at least 50% of the use.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same issue with mine. My bluetooth will not stay connected and i cannot receive text over device and it does not keep time. It is like all of a sudden the unit decided to take a vacation and die.
Best Answer

Kinda "glad" that I am not the only one.

One thing I did not mention, is that the Charge 3 syncs just fine.  It is just the "Notifiactions" that in a strange way, seem to be going rouge all the time after the last update.  As I mentioned earlier, it worked hey ok before the last firmware update.

Clock is ok though, but, I can not put my head into why, the "Bluetooth pairing" is showing up all the time.

I delete the app, delete the Charge 3 from bluetooth, and remove the Charge 3 from the app.  After that, notifications work for some time.  What time?  Minutes, hours...Until i check next time.

Designed to fail, is my thought..

Anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all of that and still no luck. I cannot get anything to download. Removed charge 3 from account and now I cannot get it to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your post was spot-on! Thank you 🙏 so very much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Charge 3.  I have followed all the previously mentioned steps ie remove device from Bluetooth, remove device from app, turn Bluetooth off and then on again and still I have to pair my Charge 3 every day or even a couple of times a day.  Very frustrating.

If anyone has a permanent solution to keeping my Charge 3 connected for all Notifications that would be really great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do I do if my charge 3 doesn’t come up on my iPhone? How can I pair my Charge 3 to my iPhone? I’ve tried going through my laptop and still nothing happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 3 that is about 1.5 years old. It suddenly will not pair with my phone. I am NOT getting any notification in my settings with the pop up "Pairing required". It simply won't show up at all. 

Also, it's losing time. It was 3 minutes slow for a few days, but now it is almost 10 minutes slow.

Ideas please? I rely on this! 🙂

Kindermouse

Best Answer
0 Votes
With regard to losing time, that sounds weird. Call Fitbit support.

With regard to syncing, the following is my procedure:
1. Reboot the Charge 3.
2. Reboot the phone or other device.
3. Try to sync again.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks had same problem.   Pairing worked after “removing this device” from my Bluetooth connections from my iPhone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - my Fitbit does not show under selected devices - any ideas?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

While I agree in principle, this is not a problem with my Charge 2, and I had just as many other Bluetooth connections as I have now, and no new apps.  The only way I have been able to get my Charge 3 to get notifications and to automatically recognize and log my exercises is to remove the device from Bluetooth, reconnect it, then set up notifications and pair the device.  And, then it works only for some period of time (less than 24 hours) before it again stops.  Since it is not an issue with my Charge 2, I assume this is a Fitbit issue related to the Charge 3, and not the result of things on the phone (including the Fitbit app, which I say again, all works fine with my Charge 2.  Any chance on Fitbit fixing this in the next firmware update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you enable notifications as described it allows the Fitbit Notification Service to be able to read all notifications including personal information such as contact names and the test of messaged that you receive. Think very carefully it you want to enable this.

Best Answer

No.  Just flat out No.  You are just right out wrong.  Stop posting things like this.  You clearly have no knowledge about this. 

Have a nice evening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting comment. On Android 9 if you set the Fitbit application notification service to enabled you get this warning message.

Quoted word for word. "Allow notification access for Fitbit Notification Service?"  "Fitbit Notification Service will be able to read all notifications, including personal information such as contact names and the test of messages that you receive. It will also be able to dismiss notifications or trigger actions buttons that they contain. This will also give the app the ability to turn Do Not Disturb on or off and change related settings."

Best Answer
0 Votes

a mistype of the critical sentence it should have read "and the text of messages"

Best Answer
0 Votes

But, also can my FitBit (Charge 3) pair up with 2 devices? I use both iPhone & iPad.  And, if so, can it sync w both simultaneously? ( I want to turn both on in the morning at the same time!)

Best Answer
0 Votes