Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Burn calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 is showing me burning calories every day even if I’m not wearing it at all. Does anyone know what to do with this?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Agigagi  your Fitbit knows you're burning calories every day. It's your BMR. We all burn calories, even when we don't wear the device, it still has you listed with an account and a device. It's normal, so don't worry about it.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hello @Agigagi Welcome to the community forums! @Odyssey13 It's great to see you around and thanks for your input! 

Adding to what @Odyssey13 mentioned, your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age) and accounts for at least half the calories you burn in a day. Because your body burns calories even if you’re asleep or not moving, you see calories burned on your device when you wake up and will notice this number increase throughout the day.

In addition, please note that Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR) the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat) and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. If your device tracks heart rate, your heart-rate data is also included, especially to estimate calories burned during exercise. The number you see on your Fitbit device is your total calories burned for the day.

Hope this helps! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer