Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 - Button is stuck

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The button on my Fitbit is stuck in and I can’t get it to pop back out. Consequently I have a blank screen.  It still vibrates and counts my steps.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
46 REPLIES 46

I am also having the same issue.  The haptic button doesn't respond to anything.  It won't even reset. So frustrating!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know! I was in Europe, doing a ton of walking when mine failed. Tried everything, they finally sent me a new one, which has been perfect.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TeppiWoman, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for already troubleshooting your Charge 3.

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. Keep an eye on your inbox for updates on your case.

Thanks for your advice @Libbymary.

Let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has just had this happen.  I have tried everything.  Help.  Feel naked without it on.  Tried the restart and nothing.  Button stuck.  Mine is the Charge 3.  Mine looks like the photo attachment.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reached out to them on line and after trying everything that was
suggested to no avail thru the chat, they sent me a new one.
Best Answer

Hi @MontanaMom, welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you so much for all the steps you tried prior to contacting us. 

I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for updates on your case. 

Hey there @Pacampos, thanks for you advice. I'm glad to hear that our Support Team sent you a new device. I hope you're enjoying it! 😊

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do to help you both. Have a great day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,  I just got the watch replacement part and it won't charge.  Not sure what to do next.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh dear. More emails to the Fitbit people.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, please ignore my earlier post. All is good and working now. Thanks so very much, Mary
Best Answer
Excellent!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my side button is stuck flat and cannot be pressed. It will not release after trying all the suggestions you offered. It wont make contact on the charge plug and isn't showing any power now. Haven't had any problems until recently when it just stuck. Please help!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact problem here. My Charge 3 is totally nonresponsive. @MarreFitbit, should I open a support ticket?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally gave up and bought an Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This haptic issue began after the last firmware update. I called customer support and went through the troubleshooting with no luck. All I got offered was 30% off a new fitbit since this happened after the 1st year was up. I don't feel this is fair since it seemed to have happened after the firmware update. Is this really the best fitbit can do?

Best Answer
I think they replaced two before I finally broke down and got an Apple Watch. Very happy now with no problems and I can swim with it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit button has pushed in flat and will no longer allow me to change screens. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, am now having the exact same issue. Button stuck in, put it on charge and it feels like its going to overheat, screen wont turn on and wont sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Time to call customer service 👍

Sent using the mobile mail app
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my charge 3 button is also stuck.

The reset did not work either and my button is stuck when I reset and take it off charge and back on it just automatically resets again as if the button is stuck still holding down 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank goodness it was in warranty. I did get a new one Frustrating it sticks! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes