Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Charging issue/Cable not working?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 3 just over a week.  When I got it, it charged right up just fine.  Now the battery is about to die and it doesn't want to charge.  It seems like the cable isn't connecting or recognizing it. No notification of a charge comes on screen.  It doesn't vibrate when the clip connects.  I've quadrupled checked the alignment of the pins and it doesn't seem to be dirty.  I've also tried different ports on my computer, my boyfriend's computer,  and a pocket charger, but nothing.  I keep trying to restart it, but it seems like it it won't even restart unless its plugged into power, which I can't get it to do.  Any idea? Is it a dud?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

Yeah same problem as everyone else - now my new charge3 is a paperweight on my desk. I have tried 2 cables, restarting, standing on one leg, praying - nothing , nada. I had a different problem 1 week ago when it wouldn’t sink and helpdesk talked to me for an hour, without solving it. I dont want to spend another hour going through the same BS - anyone got any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone! Sorry for the delay on replying. 

First of all, let me give you all a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @KarSchulz@etisll40@Yaranna@Ren_Ren90@Emiranda@ElCanguro@Robynleigh, and @qasw! Glad to have you on board!

@KarSchulz@Yaranna@Ren_Ren90@Emiranda, and @Robynleigh, I was able to check with our support team and I'm glad to see they were able to help you with this inconvenient. Please let me know if there is anything else you need from my side. 

@qasw thanks for the time and efforts on trying to resolve this before posting. I've gone ahead and create a case on your behalf, our support team should be contacting you soon to follow up with this. Keep an eye on the email you used to create your Community Profile.   

@etisll40, to answer your question, this is normal, the design is ment to be that way and the charging cable should be working correctly with your tracker. 

@ElCanguro and @etisll40 I'd like to confirm if you have tried the steps on this helpful article, if you're still having difficulties after trying these tips, let me know. 

Keep me posted!

Selma | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer
Call them back. Seriously. I called back after they said they would get
back to me. The service rep I had originally spoken to was helpful, but
marked my case as "completed" which is why no one was getting back to me.
They escalated my call, I had a replacement device ordered the same day.
Best Answer

I returned my device. I am looking into another, possibly a versa or elsewhere. They have an issue and I don't see it resolved anywhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I realised that I have lost my Charge 3 charger and was attempting to charge with my old Charge 2 chargers :; Have just got a replacement Charge 3 charger and it’s charging fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

The faulty charger problem was not solved. I purchased a charger from amazon. In what way was this faulty charger problem solved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 stopped charging. I have cleaned the contacts on the device and charging cable, but it’s still not charging. I also rebooted my Fitbit. Nothing is working. Any suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I and many others have said, call fitbit support.  They will likely send you a new unit, that's what they did for me and the new one is working just fine.  I think there must have been a defective batch at some point, and these are being replaced if people will call in.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your input @Delilah2 and @MaryBunney, definitely support will be able to check on the best option for you if all troubleshooting has been exhausted.

If any of the tips you've tried still don't get your trackers to work, I'll be getting you in contact with support so they can follow up with you. 

@etisll40 Thanks for sharing this with us, hopefully Versa suits you better. If you decide to get your Vers, lets us know if there is anything you need help with. 

@ElCanguro I'm glad to hear  you were able to get a replacement for your Charge 3 lost charging cable, it is important that we ensure we're using the correct accessories for our products to work correctly. 

Thanks for the troubleshooting steps that you tried @Ayngel10, I've gone ahead and create a case for you and @walker31, support will be in contact with you to further review your case and see the best way to help you. Please keep an eye on the email you used to create your Fitbit Community profile. 

If there is anything else you may need, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@selmafitbit—it’s working now. Thank you. 

Best Answer

Hi, I have the same issue. My Fitbit Charge 3 charged up to 48% the first time, and now it is just not charging. Could you please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great @Ayngel10! Let us know if you have any other questions or continue to have any inconveniences. 

Welcome to the community @yashfame! It is great to have you here. I'll be glad to help you on getting your tracker back working. Have you already tried the steps on the article  Why isn't my battery charging? If not, please do. 

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally had the time to call support again, and I was able to order a replacement. As others have urged, if your Fitbit turns into a paperweight call the support number (1 (877) 623-4997) and talk to them because the forums are crazy unhelpful

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I got the Charge 3 for Christmas and have charged it a few times. Now it won't charge. Tried everything and no luck. The screen will only show the time and HB. It doesn't respond to touch anymore. Really disappointing. I don't even know if the person who gave it to me has the receipt. Were there a lot of faulty Charge 3's? Thanks. 

This is what helped me. 

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186?q=battery&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this will only work if the Fitbit is at all responsive, which mine is not. Definitely try restarting (and cleaning the contacts, and charging in a different USB port, and a different charger if you can), but I think there really was a bad batch out there and the best solution in those cases is to call support and get it replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I am having the same issue and also tried the mentioned solutions. Need your further assistance.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Charge 3 for Christmas, and the charger originally worked fine.  Now it won't charge at all, or recognize it is even plugged into the charger.  Wall outlet, USB port on my computer. Nothing. I never had this issue with my Charge 2. Why is the Charge 3 charger not up to the same standards?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you sure your charger is to blame? Sounds like the same issue I had, and the problem was with the device itself (I tried a different charger before contacting support).

I've had my new one for a week and no problems yet, just call the support line, the forum responses are below sub-par. 🤷

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know what the support # is?  I haven't tried another charger, cuz I don't have another one to try.  The charger used to work great when I first got it, and then it was finicky the last time I used it, and now this time it won't recognize it at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted it earlier in this thread, maybe 5 or 6 replies before yours. Or just google Fitbit Support Phone Number.

Best Answer
0 Votes